SASS Wire Forum

Hey Chickasaw Bill

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Badger

for several years , I chased the Striped Bass , here in Beaver Lake , cuaght LOTs of em 15 lbs plus

biggest is a 30 lb 8 oz , casting a Red Fin , in thw War Eagle river :)

getting close to time to think about going to the White river , for the walleyes on the spawning run

just after that it be time for the white bass

CB

If I can get my fist to work, I want to hit the Sky before the spawn is over on the hatchery run.

I bought a new Rio fly line from Cabela's two weeks ago. It is my Christmas present to myself.

Got the Rio Gold at half price and free shipping on Black Friday. It is supposed to be the earlier

model but looks like the current model to me. Anyway, I needed a new line for the 8 wt, The line

on there is over twenty years old. Closer to thirty I guess.

BMC

when the ICE goes away , I may make a run over to the White , below Beaver Dam ,

I will have to stay on the bank , I don't think I can take the cold , on my back to wade , even with 5mm waders

thinking an Olive & black wollybugger , or a Yellow & black , probley use tha 6 wt

Gotta see what kind if axcess to the river is still open

CB

What are you talking about?

Green Giant Niblets on a #8 gold hook with a 1/4 oz bell sinker with a Zebco 202 on an Ugly stick is the way to catch Taneycomo trout.

Youse guys are pulling my leg. A #6 or 8 nymph barbless hook, black marabou tail, red ice chenille body, black saddle hackle wrap and collar. Add lead war wrap and bead head and fish.

BMC and CB

Just the difference between "fishing" and :catching fish".

"CATCHING" MEANS YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM. Dead or alive they produce issues.

Fishing with gear, best to not put the line in the water and the beer can open.

Not very much chance of "CATCHING" with that rig.

CB, I wouldn't eat a Roaring River Trout if you paid me. Real solid dog food taste there.

BMC, The rig I described above is the first rig I used on Taneycomo (Table Rock tail race) trout and the most effective, if you are just catching.

Not elegant, not artistic but guaranteed to put 5 1 pounders in the boat in the minimum amount of time.

BMC

FRYED , white and striped , bass , bream , catfish , walleye , crappie them all be good

I can only eat a very small amount of any of the samoniods , think it has to do with the oil in em :huh:

even smoked , I can not have much

anymore , I will not keep a trout or a Black bass ,

CB :lol:

:huh:

I think the biggest sinker I have a mold for is 8 oz

BUT , I have molds to make down rigger weaghts up to 12 lbs

that will peg it to the bottem :o

CB :lol:

Not in some rivers.

https://www.reelhouse.org/helijib/fallrun

BMC

the more I think about the vid , the crazyer , I think them guys are :wacko: .

I would have let it have the fly , guess I am getting LAZY or something

don't think the RISK vs reward , was advisable ,

NOZ

you have the Spring river , cutting across your place do you not ?

CB

Yep, we lose a few to the rivers each year. People do not respect the river and get caught short. Those rocks are slippery and that current is strong. Even standing knee deep in moving water has a strong pull on your legs. One slip and you are floating downstream. Come to a sweeper and your are toast. A wading staff is a must, but some refuse to carry one.

Gonna have to clean the trailer out , to see if I can fit the Water Scamp in it , with all the other junk .

looking at the pics , of that area , you will need a boat to fish it

I was wrong accordin to Map Quest , it is a 3 hr drive , they must drive faster than I do .

CB

Archived