SASS Wire Forum

Hey Chickasaw Bill

BMC

the more I think about the vid , the crazyer , I think them guys are :wacko: .

I would have let it have the fly , guess I am getting LAZY or something

don't think the RISK vs reward , was advisable ,

NOZ

you have the Spring river , cutting across your place do you not ?

CB

I do and it has a resident population of Cloud River Rainbows. Really hard to catch. The Mexicans use throw nets on them. They still don't catch many.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BMC

ya think a sz 14 flash a bugger , will tempt them critters NOZ has spotted ?

yellow & black with a couple of strands of cristal flash , same in olove & black

what do you think ? 4 to 5 wraps of .010 lead on the shank

CB

Why the flash? I think buggers do better without it. But that is just me. Take both with and without and test it.

I believe that Crystal flash has caught more fishermen than fish. :lol:

Yellow and black or olive and black are both good, but try some purple and blue or just purple.

I go with six or seven wraps of .015 lead. I am a low down fisher.

The most effective "fly" I have seen on these elusive beasts is a very small fluorescent green nymph. A fly fisherman from Springfield asked permission to fish (gasp, gasp) a few years back and that was the most effective lure he had.

How big is Spring River on my place? 12-20' wide and 6" to 4 feet deep. headwaters are less than a mile to the south of me. The highway 60 bridge is less than a quarter mile from the spring.

No CB I have never sprung for a fly rod. I have champagne tastes with a beer budget.

The most effective "fly" I have seen on these elusive beasts is a very small fluorescent green nymph. A fly fisherman from Springfield asked permission to fish (gasp, gasp) a few years back and that was the most effective lure he had.

How big is Spring River on my place? 12-20' wide and 6" to 4 feet deep. headwaters are less than a mile to the south of me. The highway 60 bridge is less than a quarter mile from the spring.

No CB I have never sprung for a fly rod. I have champagne tastes with a beer budget.

Take a look at this outfit, NOZ.

http://www.redsflyfishing.com/Redington-Crosswater-Combo-Outfit-p/redington-crosswater-outfit.htm

NOZ

that sorta sounds like the Floss fly , I tye

that is a nice rod BMC posted , but I think it is too long .

I am going through the buldings here , there may? be some rods left from when I had the Rod shop

ain't found them yet , I don't think I gave them all away , but who knows

CB

BMC

some years back , when I started the fishing guide busness , it was real hard to get the rods , I wanted

so I set up the rod shop , some retail , and reel repair , as a side line

mostley it was to get what I wanted , did a lot of donations to differant groups for the youth , seemed like the thing to do , when I could afford it

never made much at it , after I shut it down , I still had lots of stuff in stock

DON'T think I will need to get a NEW rod or reel for the rest of my life :lol:

WANTIN one is a differant story :blink:

CB

BMC

it was a BUNCH of fun , I did just as many or more free trips , as I did paid trips

it is a HOOT to get 4 kids in the boat when the bite is on

it will drive ya NUTS , but it is something the kids will remenber for a long itme

kinda miss doing it , FUN while it lasted :lol:

CB

Speaking of kids, I got my childhood suit on. I stripped off the old fly line on my reel, and am ready to load the new one I got

myself for Christmas. I just hope I can wait until Christmas to do it.

Well, I had to go to the dentist today for my semi annual tooth cleaning.

On the way back, I stopped in on my favorite fly shop go get my fix.

Fondled some things and found some white Marabou that looks just like Polar bear fur.

Got that and some wide pearl flashabou for tying flashback pheasant tails. Gonna get

busy fixing for the spring run off.

Archived