SASS Wire Forum

The Virginia City Marshals now allow .22 LR for Old Pharts

Church Key, SASS # 33713

This club shoots at the NRA range in Fairfax, VA on the first Tuesday evening, all year round. Humphrey Hook, the Match Director, surveyed his folks and decided to add a .22 Senior Buckaroo category (.22 rifle & pistol and any gauge double). I think its a great idea, as I like indoor .22 matches. The Jefferson Outlaws have several indoor .22 matches during the winter. Get to shoot safe queen guns, Ruger Single Sixes and a Rossi 62. These are much more gentle on your ears.

Anyhow, decided to get some more .22 ammo and found out it is more expensive than reloading .38 Spl., plus very hard to find. Had to spend $78 for a brick of RWS Target shipped, which is almost 16 cents a round compared to my reloading .38's at about 10 cents each. The stuff I've been using was about $30 a brick in the good old days; duh!

Anyhow, wondering if any other clubs are considering or allowing .22's for the old pharts?

My sentiments exactly I have a brick of eley match I bought long ago, would be a real shame to waste that, elephant phart 44 specs would cost less and not hurt my wrists.

22 ammo scarcer than hens teeth in these parts.

Like the idea if things ever get back to normal < $20 for federals or remingtons at Wally world in the 525 pack.

I think a .22 shoot would be fun to have .

I know ammo is hard to come by.

But is getting better .

I am starting to see .22 ammo on a regular basses.

Its just go's fast.

Archived