SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger Lever springs

Bullett Sass 19707

I don't know if Longhunter repackages other spring brands but I do know that everything I have purchased from him is of fine quality and he knows what CAS shooters want and need. Great customer service and great to do business with. Give them a call, I'm sure he knows what you are looking for and will get you taken care of.

My wife's gun currently has a cut down Ruger hammer spring in it and she likes it tremendously.

Please note, however. If you just put in a light lever spring and do nothing else to the gun, there is a high probablility that the gun will open up under recoil!

Stoeger tends to make up for bad bolt/lug fitting by putting in that heavy spring in the first place.

My wife's gun currently has a cut down Ruger hammer spring in it and she likes it tremendously.

Please note, however. If you just put in a light lever spring and do nothing else to the gun, there is a high probablility that the gun will open up under recoil!

Stoeger tends to make up for bad bolt/lug fitting by putting in that heavy spring in the first place.

+1 on popping open on recoil. I bought my Stoeger & it had already been slicked up, but would pop open if the lug got dirty. I replaced the ultralight latch spring with a 19# 1911 mainspring, cut to proper length. The gun is still very easy to open but hasn't offered to pop open again, even after 16 stages of BP rounds.

Holler

+1 on popping open on recoil. I bought my Stoeger & it had already been slicked up, but would pop open if the lug got dirty. I replaced the ultralight latch spring with a 19# 1911 mainspring, cut to proper length. The gun is still very easy to open but hasn't offered to pop open again, even after 16 stages of BP rounds.

Holler

That works, but the best fix is properly fitting the lugs to the release mechanism. I think there used to be an article on Marauders web site about that.

CR

Archived