SASS Wire Forum

73 Question

Most Wanted

I've been shooting this gun for 5 years with a couple different short strokes in it . Have always had the lever safety in it . Over the last half year it has started to shoot out of battery . No recent changes . This could be operator error (90% chance) but I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing differently when it happens . It only happens when running flat-out . And then only about once in ten or so runs . It feels like its going off when I'm opening the lever . Any ideas will greatly be appreciated . Thanks

Have someone video you if possible. You may be just a hair late on the trigger & already into the opening lever sequence.

You may be just a hair late on the trigger & already into the opening lever sequence.

Yup. That would do it. First the lever closes, deactivating the safety trigger finger starts closing in on the trigger, then before the trigger is depressed the lever is cracked open, then the hammer falls. Out of battery discharge. Bummmer.

Ketchum

Have you ever taken the bolt out and cleaned the firing pin, spring, and the cavity they ride in? You could have rust, dirt, gummy oil, etc in there that is slowing the firing pin travel just a hair.

Of course, knowing how fast you shoot, you might just be breaking through the spacetime continuum and the lever is just wormholing into the future before the firing pin has a chance to move!

Dogmeat Dad

Yusta , Ketchum thanks I have had other people tell me that .Thanks Dogmeat , I have cleaned it several times in the last few months . Don't think its a too fast thing cause there are many faster without my problem . See ya at Mason Dixon , can't wait . Thanks Duece , I will take you up on that . We are starting to get our stuff together for Gunsmoke and we are JACKED .

Archived