SASS Wire Forum

Browning 22 for Side Matches Question

Kid Drover

I need some hep (that's Texican for help), please.

I just "inherited" a Browning 22. I would like to lighten the trigger because it is easier to move a Mac Truck by hand than pull the trigger on that mighty "cannon". I am primalirly going to use it for side matches.

Would anyone know where I could find some instruction? Written or diagrams would work. Maybe even a video, maybe?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KCD

KCD, I've heard that if you just remove the spring altogether that would lighten is some (That's Kajun for "I'm just messing with ya")

Couyon Acadien

My experience with them is that they are tough to get very light without light primer strikes because of the 33 deg. stroke. There is a bell crank that the lever actuates which in turn moves the bolt. This increases the leverage required to move the bolt considerably. You can experiment with lightening the mainspring and firing pin spring a bit to make a difference for sure. I lightened mine until I got light FTF's then increased spring tension until it was consistently firing.

Sorry, I didn't read the OP correctly.....Thought you said action instead of trigger....

The trigger pull will be reduced when you lighten the mainspring a bit and you can also reduce the trigger spring and sear link spring a touch. I sort of gave up working with it because of the 33 deg. design action stiffness.

There is a decent youtube video about dis-assembly and re-assembly.

I find it very easy to assemble despite many others saying it is a pain in the arse to reassemble. It's all about how you hold the ejector & spring while inserting the action back into the receiver. I hold the ejector through the ejection port as I slide the action into the receiver with the rifle upside down. Nothing to it after I figured that out.

Good parts diagram in the operators manual.

Browing Op. Manual.

The end result was that my Henry .22 could be short stroked to that of a main match rifle and the trigger and action lightened a ton while still being very reliable.....not so much with the BL22. Even so, the BL is a sweet little rifle.

Go on the Shiloh Rifile formum and send Texas MAc a PM. You have to register on the forum first

http://www.shilohrifle.com/forums/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=8236

He is a Browning distributor, gunsmith and gun crank. If anyone knows the answer - he does

Good Luck

Archived