SASS Wire Forum

Help with value on an antique firearm

A few years ago I bought this Forearm and Wadsworth Model 41 double action revolver at a household sale. Always thought it was a 38 S&W rimfire caliber until today I realized it is a 41 rimfire. Patent date is July 24th 1877. Four (4) digit serial number, frame and cylinder have same number

As photos show the finish is gone, missing front sight and some damage to right grip panel. The gun locks up very, very tight and the king pin shows no real wear and also locks up very tight.

I was going to sell it but I am not so sure now. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

407386814.jpg

407386810.jpg

407386808.jpg

407386805.jpg

Thanks,

Marlin

Marlin, these don't bring much unless in super nice condition. A quick check of Gunbroker completed auctions looks like a good one might get $150-250. They are asking lots more in current auctions with no bids and a check of completed auction shows no bids for multiple auction cycles.

If you get to where you want to shoot it I have two boxes of that Navy Arms South American ammo sitting around. Make you a deal for it.

If Marlin passes on the ammo I would be interested in buying it.

OK, you're next in line. Nothing special about sending ammo to California, right?

Nothing special, standard UPS with ORM-D labels. I'll pay the the shipping cost to 92544

Archived