SASS Wire Forum

Found some videos of Austria CAS and WB shooting.

Fast Enuff

I'm sure some of you have seen videos like these before, but this is some impressive work to make matches happen elsewhere in the world. The props used and the lengths gone to in order to dress up the indoor range is amazing!

Also check out this gentleman's other videos. Some of the other venues there are really very pretty or unique.

Fast Enuff,

Going to jump into your post here.

I had the opportunity to shoot in Austria this May. I was invited by Doc Maniac to attend the "Gunfight in the Plains" match east of Vienna, little village of Haringsee. Doc loaned me a set of firearms and all the ammo I would need for the match. I was the only American out of the 80+ shooters sign up for the three day match. I had a great time, met some good people. I see a trend with cowboy action shooters they are all great folks no matter where they are from. We had shooters from Germany, Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, and Slovakia. On the fun side I did have to rib them some. This was the first cowboy match i had been to, and the parking lot didn't have one pick-up truck. Here are a few pics and short video.

th_Villach140_zpsd10d1add.jpg

Villach093_zpsc129c855.jpg

Villach076_zps0dc0f1d5.jpg

Villach096_zps2b793e3f.jpg

Villach102_zpsbb2ed735.jpg

Great pics. That match looks much more familiar. ;) Awesome to see that many people over the pond enjoying playing cowboy for a weekend.

How many were shooting black powder?

About 25%, shot black, the cowboy in the video was shooting original Winchester 73, pair of Russian S&W, and an old Greener shotgun.

Archived