SASS Wire Forum

DINO's - Fighting From Within

As some of you know, I have lived in the DPRM (Democratic Peoples Republik of Maryland) my whole life and, for many reasons, I will be here for a while. Maryland, like many states that get blasted on the wire, is run by the democrats and nothing is going to change that anytime soon, probably not in my lifetime anyway. Last year we lost a redistricting referendum that gerrymandered my vote, and many others, into irrelevance. After that loss, I asked quite a few people how the voted and why. Many didn't vote on the referendum at all and, of those who did, most no idea at all what it was about, they just voted for it!

Now we have lost a major battle in the 2A front. It is apparent to me that the government in my state not only doesn't represent me, they are purposely ignoring me. Getting a republican elected in my county would require a miracle on a Biblical scale and even a pro-2A democrat is highly unlikely. The only solution as I see it is to fight from within. Change my party affiliation to Democrat and vote against the incumbent during the primary. In my district, the state senator (a co-sponsor of the Gun-Bill) won the primary election by a mere 116 votes! I don't know if her opposition would have been any better, but she could not have been any worse!

My new battle plan is to change my party affiliation, and vote against whomever is the incumbent. Most of them rise to power in the legislature by seniority. Keep them churning, keep them as 1st term newbies, and maybe it will make a difference. Not make a huge difference mind you as they are still democrats in a democratic legislature, but maybe, over time, they will learn that us pro-2A folks actually matter.

There is now a website for those of you in Maryland, so you can learn about it, change your party, etc. I suggest that those of you in the other Deep Blue states consider doing the same.

http://www.freestatedinos.com/

I NEED A SHOWER, I FEEL SOOOOOO DIRTY! :(

Dogmeat (Deep Under Cover In The Blue Zone :ph34r: ) Dad

GG,

Staying the current course is a guaranteed loose. Maryland has closed primaries. As a registered republican, I can only vote in the republican primary, most likely for a guy that will loose the general election. In the last 3/4 election cycles, not a single state level legislator I voted for made it into office, not one! During that period, the democratic candidates got worse and worse. If I get to vote in the democratic primary, I can affect the outcome of that race, and mitigate the damage. In the general election, I still get to vote for whomever I want, not that it will matter.

This battle will need to be waged differently in each state. When behind enemy lines, you don't raise the flag and charge, you perform resistance and sabotage operations to hamper the enemies ability to effectively wage war. Those of us in the Deep Blue states know that. Those in some of the Light Blue states like Colorado are learning this. Those who do not understand this, will have it thrust upon them.

GG,

Staying the current course is a guaranteed loose. Maryland has closed primaries. As a registered republican, I can only vote in the republican primary, most likely for a guy that will loose the general election. In the last 3/4 election cycles, not a single state level legislator I voted for made it into office, not one! During that period, the democratic candidates got worse and worse. If I get to vote in the democratic primary, I can affect the outcome of that race, and mitigate the damage. In the general election, I still get to vote for whomever I want, not that it will matter.

This battle will need to be waged differently in each state. When behind enemy lines, you don't raise the flag and charge, you perform resistance and sabotage operations to hamper the enemies ability to effectively wage war. Those of us in the Deep Blue states know that. Those in some of the Light Blue states like Colorado are learning this. Those who do not understand this, will have it thrust upon them.

As mentioned - ya gotta do what ya gotta do - no judgement here... ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Some of us here in CT have mentioned this option as well and I am definitely considering it.

I am also considering leaving after living here for 27 years, since I am rapidly seeing CT as a lost cause. Either way I have some months before deciding to move or register any banned guns or 10+ round magazines

DD

This is a strategy that could work well.

If it bothers you to be a registered Dem. maybe you can change back when the primaries are over.

Otherwise I dont think I'd let it bother me.

We are supposed to be Americans first anyhow.

Party affiliation should not matter either way.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Archived