SASS Wire Forum

Returning from the Dark, Freemasonry?

Come On Christmas

When I was forced to divorce the mother of my children I let my Freemasonry dues slide because soon after I entered the College of Education at UNT. I worked 2 jobs to juggle my schedule at school eventually becoming a Certified Teacher whilst paying my child support. What must a brother do in Texas to come back from the Dark?

I was a member of East Dallas Lodge as my father the late William A. Craven and uncle Phillip R. Craven were Past Masters.. I studied mostly at Edwin J. Kiest lodge. I have written to Edwin J. Kiest to find my main teacher. I pray he is alive and well and can vouch for me.

I paid to go thru Scottish Rite long ago and would like to now and enjoy fellowship with brothers here in Lewisville Texas. Looks like there are two very active lodges nearby judging by their websites. It's probably time for me to go thru the chairs as well.

Thanks for any input which is helpful,

Thomas J. Craven

Master Mason

Contact the secretary of the lodge you were a member of, or the lodge you wish to join. Tell him what you have related here. He will know or can find out what you need to do in order to become re-instated.

Good luck,

Duffield

I am Secretary of my Lodge here in Colorado and the advice I will give you only reflects what we can do in Colorado, Texas could be defferent.

Contact the Lodge you are delinquent from and petition to be reinstated. You should do the same with the Scottish Rite bodies. They will probably appoint a committee to interview you and make a recommendation to the Lodge.Be honest with them and tell them what you want to do. Chances are they will reinstate you. The one thing I'm not sure of is how Texas Grand Lodge treats the delinquent dues situation.

Good Luck brother, keep us posted on your progress. The Fraternity need all the good men it can muster and sounds like you belong with your Texas Brothers.

You've already received better advice than I could give you.

Best of luck, my Brother!

Past Master, Corning 584, 13th Ohio masonic district

conact the sec. of east dallas lodge you will have to pay the dues for the year you went suspended and for this year. if it has been over three years since you went suspended you will have to do a petition for reinstatement and be re investigated . pm me and i can send you his name and phone number.. I am master of metropolitan lodge #1176. Dallas Dog

I can't speak for Texas, but in Virginia, you must make up any dues arrearages that you owe and submit a petition for reinstatement. Masons are a forgiving lot, and once the circumstances that led to your demit or suspension for non-payment of dues are made known to them, they will most likely vote you back in and welcome you back with open arms. Best of luck to you!

Archived