SASS Wire Forum

Pro Gun Groups Apply the Heat

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

My two cents? Local, state and congressional/senatorial elections over the next two years are key to gun rights and the future of the country! Voting is critical! We need more than the pathetic voter turnout of past years. In my mind, there's real chance to get some people into office that hold conservative, American values and who support the 2nd amendment. No one stays home when you can exercise your right to vote. There's the old saying, "When you don't vote, you've voted."

Major Pain

My two cents? Local, state and congressional/senatorial elections over the next two years are key to gun rights and the future of the country! Voting is critical! We need more than the pathetic voter turnout of past years. In my mind, there's real chance to get some people into office that hold conservative, American values and who support the 2nd amendment. No one stays home when you can exercise your right to vote. There's the old saying, "When you don't vote, you've voted."

Major Pain

I have to agree. Politics begins at home. A well balanced long term focus on retaking American politics (or at least controlling the conversation) and education needs to be the foundation of the conservative/libertarian platform. While it is important taking control of the upper levels of government, too many of the local headlines get ignored, leaving local politicians to screw us as much, sometimes more.

In business, though it has take a long time, I have learned a few things. I have managed to double my business each of the two past years by changing a few things around. Bully for me, but much is largely from quitting things that do not work. Mostly, I quit the marketing and learned to get in front of people to build alliances and relationships. The hype of internet marketing, promotional flyers and cold calls may work for retail and such, but not for trades and services, at least not for me. Detached marketing, as I call it, does little to build soild long lasting relationships in my markets. It has to be personal in touch. In our politics, I often wonder if the American people are "marketing" in the wrong way heeding to poorly constructed advice in attempting to send a message.

It is time for a second wave of reformers to emerge in America away from the Karl Rove's of the world and away from the protective shell of the latest political action commitees. The citizen statesmen is a relic of the past that needs resurrection. And again, its time for the American people to in mass personally engage legislators and be more than a nameless face in a blanket of emails and phone solicitations. However the mob may be viewed, a mob is a mob. It commands a far greater respect than a full voicemail or inbox. If all you can do is write or call then more power to ya if you did all you can do.

Lastly, your county commissioner/city councilman should know you by name and face. So should any other political figure if possible. If we are ever to stop the cycle of a broken system regurgitating the same useless imcompetent lot, we need to build a political base locally that will ascend better representatives up the ladder.

Well said, DDD.

. If we are ever to stop the cycle of a broken system regurgitating the
same useless imcompetent lot, we need to build a political base locally
that will ascend better representatives up the ladder.

What that boils down to is GET INVOLVED! OK, so you have to give up a night or two of TV or whatever each month. Maybe even a weekend day to go to a rally or meeting. DO IT if there is any way at all you can get to the meetings or demonstrations. If you can arrange a one on one with someone - do it.

If all you can do is write and call, that's great too.

No doubt it's a hard fight to unseat an incumbent. It took enormous effort to defeat Ike Skelton who had the Missouri 4th seat for 34 years and had followed his father in it! Like almost all in DC, over the years he became less and less representative of his district and more self-serving which finally created enough people willing to put ACTION behind their opinion and change did happen.

Archived