SASS Wire Forum

Georgia Shooters Walking the Walk

Appaloosa Amy, #63949, CT

I wanted to give a shout out to the Georgia shooters that are helping young cowboy shooters and their families.

The SXS shotgun you are raffling off to raise funds to help Georgia's young guns with travel expenses, ammo costs, match fees etc. is super nice. Snazzy McGee is hoping to be the winner of that beauty.

And I loved how you gave away a Georgia State Match entry to one of the young shooters that attended the Florida match. In particular, I liked how it was done with you giving a free match to the person bringing the young gun to the match since you already let kids shoot free at the Georgia match.

I believe Strider's daughter won so congrats to them both.

Again thank you for doing your part in encouraging both kids and their families to come shoot.

Appaloosa Amy

PS...Snazzy wants to be adopted by Anabel Lee and Al B Crazy wants to go home with Witch Doctor. Thanks to all our new Georgia cowboy family for once again showing them what cowboy shooting is all about.

Thanks for the kind words Amy! The Georgia Young Guns fund supports young shooters from Georgia in a variety of ways, including the SKB that Dirt Merchant and Fast Eddie have slicked up and donated to be raffled off in our pard Shifty Eye's name. Quite a few local clubs let Buckeroos, Buckerettes and whoever brought them shoot free and even more let the young guns shoot free. If anyone is interested there is a website here.

Please take a look and if you're interested you can help support our young guns in a variety of ways, including buying a Georgia Young Guns Patron badge, just contact Dirt Merchant.

Thanks for your kind words.

The Ga.Young Shooters Fund has been very well supported by shooters and vendors. We have been able to raise a fair amount of money through donations from Mike Kirkpatrick and others. We have the desire to see new shooters come into our sport. We have the funds to assist, what we are lacking now are the YOUNG shooters.

each young shooter gets a badge to identify them as part of the program

http://i328.photobuc.../YoungGunsb.jpg

Anyone wishing to support the young shooters can purchase this badge for $32. ALL FUNDS GO TO THE YOUNG SHOOTERS. These PATRON badges are available to anyone, anywhere. Just contact me

http://i328.photobuc...gGunsd-Copy.jpg

I wanted to give a shout out to the Georgia shooters that are helping young cowboy shooters and their families.

The SXS shotgun you are raffling off to raise funds to help Georgia's young guns with travel expenses, ammo costs, match fees etc. is super nice. Snazzy McGee is hoping to be the winner of that beauty.

And I loved how you gave away a Georgia State Match entry to one of the young shooters that attended the Florida match. In particular, I liked how it was done with you giving a free match to the person bringing the young gun to the match since you already let kids shoot free at the Georgia match.

I believe Strider's daughter won so congrats to them both.

Again thank you for doing your part in encouraging both kids and their families to come shoot.

Appaloosa Amy

PS...Snazzy wants to be adopted by Anabel Lee and Al B Crazy wants to go home with Witch Doctor. Thanks to all our new Georgia cowboy family for once again showing them what cowboy shooting is all about.

I think Snazzy would be ok with Anabel Lee but I'm not sure about Al B Crazy...you have to watch out for our resident Witch Doctor....she's a bit on the "oooeeoooahahtingtangwallawallabingbang" side :)

It was good to shoot with you and all of the other CT shooters on our posse down in Florida. It looked like some of the fastest shooters in the state of CT were there...seems every one of ya'll had state champion belt buckles on....and the times for your group showed it.

Our young shooters in GA have done pretty well out at EOT and we have some more coming along nicely. Georgia supports our young shooters and are looking to get more of them involved in SASS activities.

It'd be good if a group of ya'll come on back to GA for our state shoot. It is held the first weekend in May. Witch Doctor and Judgem All Duncan helps ride herd on that event and the Riverbend folks put on a great match. Ya'll come.

Kajun

Anyone wishing to support the young shooters can purchase this badge for $32. ALL FUNDS GO TO THE YOUNG SHOOTERS. These PATRON badges are available to anyone, anywhere. Just contact me

http://i328.photobuc...gGunsd-Copy.jpg

You are full of great ideas.

Keep up the good work! The parents most certainly appreciate it!

AA

Amy.. Thanks for the kind words. We do love and support our young shooters. Really enjoyed shooting with you and your gang. Hope we can do it again.

McKenzie

So can I sign you up for one??

Let me know where to send my check. Getting and keeping kids interested in our sport is good...having them grow into 2nd Amendment protectors even better.

AA

• 2 months later...

Hi Amy, You said, "PS...Snazzy wants to be adopted by Anabel Lee and Al B Crazy wants to go home with Witch Doctor. Thanks to all our new Georgia cowboy family for once again showing them what cowboy shooting is all about." Would you be kind enough to deliver my new kid to the Georgia State match in a few weeks? My last two "boys" are old guys now. When one of my sons started talking about his retirement plans, I just had to quit talking to him so much. I am so excited about getting a new one. You can find applications at RBRR.org and the dates are May 2nd - 5th. Seriously, shooting with you and your family was one of the highlights of the Florida match. Thank you so much for your kind words and this shameless opportunity to plug our upcoming match....I really do hope to see you there... Witch Doctor

Archived