SASS Wire Forum

How many of you (USA) are NOT NRA members...and why?

Long Branch Louie

How about we all kick in and get Dern Tootin; and Badlands Beady a NRA membership?? It would $70.00 for both of them. I'll kick in a buck...do I hear 69 others??

If they refuse membership the NRA can keep the money and that terrible Wayne LaPierre can keep fighting' for our gun rights!

Anyone??

:unsure:/>

Rye

Sorry, but if we could afford to help someone else out with their dues, Buick and I would help DocWard first. But unfortunately at the moment we're not in much better shape than he is.....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it's founding in 1871, the NRA has fostered many worthy projects promoting civilian marksmanship,gun safety,firearms education and protection of responsible gun owners' rights. However, I'm concerned that it's recently become the lobbying arm of the firearms industry and has been hijacked by the political right. It's officers have become wealthy spreading fear and paranoia among the membership."The American Rifleman" magazine has become devoted to demonizing any citizen,politician or organization that disagrees with Mr. LaPierre's opinions.I'm tired of the "slippery slope" arguments from both the sides of the ongoing gun debate.I would remind you that in the past the NRA has supported sensible gun regulation in the form of the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Act of 1968. With the NRA not reasonably participating, I'm afraid the current rush for legislation may result in regulations that do nothing to improve the safety of our citizens and will be a detriment to responsible and law-abiding gun owners.I will not be renewing my NRA membership this year. I'll be defending my second amendment rights in other ways. I hope, however, that in the near future changes in the organization will allow me to rejoin the NRA in supporting it's mission of safe and responsible gun ownership.

CA, have you seen all the types of shooting events the NRA puts on.

Do some research. I've been shooting NRA events for over 45 years. If it wasn't for the NRA, these shooting events wouldn't exist.

You tell me this then. Name just one other outfit that has the 'voice', that the NRA has?

LG

Since it's founding in 1871, the NRA has fostered many worthy projects promoting civilian marksmanship,gun safety,firearms education and protection of responsible gun owners' rights. However, I'm concerned that it's recently become the lobbying arm of the firearms industry and has been hijacked by the political right. It's officers have become wealthy spreading fear and paranoia among the membership."The American Rifleman" magazine has become devoted to demonizing any citizen,politician or organization that disagrees with Mr. LaPierre's opinions.I'm tired of the "slippery slope" arguments from both the sides of the ongoing gun debate.I would remind you that in the past the NRA has supported sensible gun regulation in the form of the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Act of 1968. With the NRA not reasonably participating, I'm afraid the current rush for legislation may result in regulations that do nothing to improve the safety of our citizens and will be a detriment to responsible and law-abiding gun owners.I will not be renewing my NRA membership this year. I'll be defending my second amendment rights in other ways. I hope, however, that in the near future changes in the organization will allow me to rejoin the NRA in supporting it's mission of safe and responsible gun ownership.

Mr. LaPierre is not being paid to be a nice guy. When you play with snakes your mongoose better have teeth.

Why? If they don't want to join that's their business and I respect that. Just send some money direct to the NRA. I just did.

you can

I don't

users of the system that gives them the right to have arms for personal / family protection

shame on them

the NRA in NOT

and WILL not be perfect

be they are the front lines againy the loss of

real freadom of protecion from any danged thing that needs protecting from

remimber the alamo

and how it fired up the base for the republic of Texas

you can

I don't

users of the system that gives them the right to have arms for personal / family protection

shame on them

the NRA in NOT

and WILL not be perfect

be they are the front lines againy the loss of

real freadom of protecion from any danged thing that needs protecting from

remimber the alamo

and how it fired up the base for the republic of Texas

At the Alamo the Texicans had a chance to shoot back. What really boiled the beans was the Goliad Massacre.

Archived