SASS Wire Forum

Dressing for success

Sometimes things just work out. Our annual meeting get-together at work is today and the powers that be decided on an "Old West" theme. I got quite a few sideways glances today walking into the IBM plant wearing my full classic cowboy garb, vest, chaps, spurs etc. I just wish they would allow me to strap on my Colts as it makes me feel like I'm forgetting something.

The best part is that this is the first time in a few weeks that I have been able to stay warm at my desk!

GW

Allie, I won't look as good as you probably did. But I thought I had a lock on the cowboy costume contest until one guy showed up that used to do reenactments down in Arizona. It's gonna be a tight competition.

GW

I love it!

I got to wear my purple chinks and cowgirl boots to school a few weeks ago. It was Red Ribbon Week and the theme of the day was "Western"

One of the teachers told me her student said, "Did you see Mrs. Bennett? She's dressed like that and she's not even embarrassed!"

:D Good job GW!

I worked a temp job at the IBM plant back in my youth. Mix break in on Series 3 Mod 60 copiers. I often wore bib overalls with a white shirt and tie. Those were the days. One January my car wouldn't start, but my bike did, looked like the Michelin man bundled up to ride the icy and snow packed roads to work. A lot of folks called in that day, but I was trying to earn a permanent job, didn't work.

Yep, it's a trip. My company is notoriously anti-gun, so I take every opportunity to wear my cowboy gear: Halloween, Go Texan day, etc. I find that bananas work well in lieu of sixguns in the holsters. :ph34r:

Yep, it's a trip. My company is notoriously anti-gun, so I take every opportunity to wear my cowboy gear: Halloween, Go Texan day, etc. I find that bananas work well in lieu of sixguns in the holsters. :ph34r:

I was afraid to wear holsters...

guess I had flashbacks to my other principal...

She would have had a heart attack. She didn't like that I wore my cowboy hat the day we were suppose to wear a hat of our 'hero'....I told her my heros have always been cowboys. :wub:

That's been my theme for years! ;) It's actually expected of me... I finally bought a pair of realistic-looking plastic bananas! ^_^

Allie, I won't look as good as you probably did.

Understatement of the year! :lol: :lol:

Guest Two Fingers Slim

Here in our little town of Madera Californa every year we celebrate "OLD TIMERS DAY". I'm an Engineering Inspector for the City so I dress up in my period cloths (as I wear boots and cowboy hat everyday) it's fun to see how people look at you and asks questions.

Two Fingers Slim

Here in our little town of Madera Californa every year we celebrate "OLD TIMERS DAY". I'm an Engineering Inspector for the City so I dress up in my period cloths (as I wear boots and cowboy hat everyday) it's fun to see how people look at you and asks questions.

Two Fingers Slim

Welcome to the Saloon(ACS!), Slim! Long time no see~! ^_^

I got to wear my full duds one halloween. Had some head turns on the train and lots of visitors in my office. One passenger made a comment, "Look it is the sheriff." I replied, "No. I am just the deputy. Someone shot the sheriff but he didn't shoot me." Blank stare. :blink:

I used to sell clothes for the gents and ladies, at one NCOWS convention I sold a gent a vest, pants, vest and scarf, He looked really good in his new duds, the following year this man was asked to chaporone the school home coming, it was around halloween so he wore the clothes I sold him, he won best dressed adult that night. Oh course he couldn't wait to call and tell me that he won the best dressed, he was delighted for the clothes. We're still friends and every once in a while he tells all about that night. Funny & LOL

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Archived