SASS Wire Forum

Congressman West puts the 'young lady' in her place

How does taping a speech disrespect ?

And what political use was made of this speech ?

Any public figure, congressmen, are subject to being taped in public settings.

Obviously there's more to the story - who knows...google it if ya want.

Just thought it was classic West -

but like everything here on Wire lately....folks will whine and cry fowl without knowing the whole story...:lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Obviously there's more to the story - who knows...google it if ya want.

Just thought it was classic West -

but like everything here on Wire lately....folks will whine and cry fowl without knowing the whole story...:lol:

I agree.

I am assuming that there is much more to this story than that video.

But I also remind that when a public figure wants to have cameras turned off, they know that what they may say may be used against them or that they may say something that they will regret. (Witness Romney's 47% comment).

What was shown on that video, I saw nothing that he should be ashamed of nor anything that he should fear.

I agree.

But I also remind that when a public figure wants to have cameras turned off, they know that what they may say may be used against them or that they may say something that they will regret. (Witness Romney's 47% comment).

What was shown on that video, I saw nothing that he should be ashamed of nor anything that he should fear.

I am sure West is well versed and understands the public camera...something has been going on with this camera person...and the audience respected that from the applause.

Guess it shows that what is seen on a video clip does'nt necessarily portray the whole event ;)

I agree.

Or that some occasions are not ones that lend themselves to being used for political purposes. He seemed familiar with this young lady, and likely had seen her work on Youtube or other venues. Notice he just says "for political purposes" and doesn't call her on being left or right. A quick search (like clicking on the name of the poster, FL18RawFootage,), shows a person with something of an obsession with following him around. He just seems to want some dignity and decorum at some sort of ceremony at what looks like a local memorial for Viet Nam vets.

To her credit, she did leave peacefully when asked.

Oh, and here is a link to her youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/FL18RawFootage Judge it for yourself.

Or that some occasions are not ones that lend themselves to being used for political purposes. He seemed familiar with this young lady, and likely had seen her work on Youtube or other venues. Notice he just says "for political purposes" and doesn't call her on being left or right. A quick search (like clicking on the name of the poster, FL18RawFootage,), shows a person with something of an obsession with following him around. He just seems to want some dignity and decorum at some sort of ceremony at what looks like a local memorial for Viet Nam vets.

To her credit, she did leave peacefully when asked.

Oh, and here is a link to her youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/FL18RawFootage Judge it for yourself.

She's like a stalker :D

GG

Based upon the video on the OP and West not mentioning restraining order and mentioning policital purposes, I wonder what the SS could realistically do unless it is regarding a PRIVATE or invite ONLY event. What laws has she broken? She was not called on disrupting the event. He disrupted his own event.

Playing the devils advocate.

Based upon the video on the OP and West not mentioning restraining order and mentioning policital purposes, I wonder what the SS could realistically do unless it is regarding a PRIVATE or invite ONLY event. What laws has she broken? She was not called on disrupting the event. He disrupted his own event.

Playing the devils advocate.

Others showing similar obsessions have passed some pleasant hours in conversation with the USSS even though they have broken no laws. He didn't threaten her with arrest. The LEOs there didn't seem to take notice of her. In the half dozen of her other videos of him that I watched he doesn't even seem to notice her (those I watched were the shorter ones, didn't want to waste a lot of time) and accepts her and her camera as just part of the landscape.

Again, he appears to just want some dignity, decorum, and respect for those the memorial is to honor. Do you find something wrong with that?

As I said, to her credit she did seem to understand his message and left without causing a scene. Possibly even she could see that what was being done was beyond politics.

I don't know who he is. I don't care.

I don't know who she is. I don't care.

But if I had been her, I would not have left.

She, apparently, has some political reason for following him around and videotaping him. But, unless she is editing the videos - like he says, "kill all the commies and re-elect Obama", and she changes it to "kill Obama", I don't see the problem.

He said she needed to leave because "this is NOT political". Guess what, Sporty. You're a Congresscritter. Every single thing you do, outside your house, is political. Would he have been invited to speak if he was not CONGRESSMAN West? Probably not. If he was just Billy-Bob West, who flipped burgers at McDonalds, or sold shoes at Walmart, he would not be up there giving a speech. He's making a speech because he's a Congresscritter, and that, friends and neighbors, makes it political.

If she felt she had a right to be there, she shoulda stayed. If she felt she needed to film him, she shoulda kept filming.

I don't know who he is. I don't care.

I don't know who she is. I don't care.

But if I had been her, I would not have left.

She, apparently, has some political reason for following him around and videotaping him. But, unless she is editing the videos - like he says, "kill all the commies and re-elect Obama", and she changes it to "kill Obama", I don't see the problem.

He said she needed to leave because "this is NOT political". Guess what, Sporty. You're a Congresscritter. Every single thing you do, outside your house, is political. Would he have been invited to speak if he was not CONGRESSMAN West? Probably not. If he was just Billy-Bob West, who flipped burgers at McDonalds, or sold shoes at Walmart, he would not be up there giving a speech. He's making a speech because he's a Congresscritter, and that, friends and neighbors, makes it political.

If she felt she had a right to be there, she shoulda stayed. If she felt she needed to film him, she shoulda kept filming.

Whatever....she left anyway...and the crowd seemed to be happy about it.

GG

Alpo, how do you feel about the Phelpsians who show up at funerals for members of the armed forces killed in action?

Exactly..

GG

Alpo, how do you feel about the Phelpsians who show up at funerals for members of the armed forces killed in action?

What does one have to do with the other? Last time I looked, military funerals were not political events.

Unless, of course, they invite some politician to make a speech, thereby turning a funeral into a political event.

But, to answer your question - the "Phelpsians"? I presume these are them morons that claim to be Baptists, and show up to say that "God wanted your son to die because the Army lets in fags"?

If they are the ones you mean, I think they need to be chained to the back of a truck and dragged down the highway, until you can find a patch of desert, where they then need to be dragged through the cactus.

west is a retired military officer /war veteran and i like his attitude . he is out spoken and supports the 2nd ammendant +nra . he has my support.he was speaking at a veteran eventand not a political ralley.

Right on....

GG

What does one have to do with the other? Last time I looked, military funerals were not political events.

Unless, of course, they invite some politician to make a speech, thereby turning a funeral into a political event.

But, to answer your question - the "Phelpsians"? I presume these are them morons that claim to be Baptists, and show up to say that "God wanted your son to die because the Army lets in fags"?

If they are the ones you mean, I think they need to be chained to the back of a truck and dragged down the highway, until you can find a patch of desert, where they then need to be dragged through the cactus.

Yep...those are the ones. I didn't name them by their official name because I didn't want to insult either the town or that general sect.

But...they are doing nothing illegal. The cemeteries are public places and they have a right to be there.

But, your reaction to them makes my point...just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean that it is always the right thing to do. As I mentioned above, Mr. West, in many of the other videos this stalker has made of him, takes no notice of her. In this ONE case, because of the nature of the event - maybe the dedication of a memorial to Viet Nam vets - her politically motivated activity is not in keeping with the nature of the event. There are times when a bit of dignity and respect are called for, not the making of political hay.

Yep...those are the ones. I didn't name them by their official name because I didn't want to insult either the town or that general sect.

But...they are doing nothing illegal. The cemeteries are public places and they have a right to be there.

But, your reaction to them makes my point...just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean that it is always the right thing to do. As I mentioned above, Mr. West, in many of the other videos this stalker has made of him, takes no notice of her. In this ONE case, because of the nature of the event - maybe the dedication of a memorial to Viet Nam vets - her politically motivated activity is not in keeping with the nature of the event. There are times when a bit of dignity and respect are called for, not the making of political hay.

Absolutely.

GG

Damn, Gunner! Hell must have frozen over - the last week or two we've been AGREEING on things! :lol:

**it happens ~ :P

I am sure there is more 'eye-to-eye' between us than we know :lol:

She has been tracking him for 6 months.She may have upset him before.

Archived