SASS Wire Forum

NRA's American Rifleman arrived today

Picture of a fellow on page 22 that is poised with his Chauchat and his 1911. Caption reads

"WELL AT LEAST HIS .45 WORKS." Trooper has a tin pot and a duty belt.

After closer inspection, I determined it was not him, but then again.......

Did you see what they wanted for the Fancy Single action up front. All Gold Plated and signed by Chuck Norris. Not a bad BBQ gun, but not the best either, and not worth the value they have stuck on a Aldo Uberti Cattleman, $2000. A little more than a Colt. I was not impressed.

When in doubt, pull yore 45 out, sez I. ;)

I started watching The Lost Battalion the other day. It came on just as I was leaving the house. Two doughboys were showing their ShoSho to a couple of FNGs and talking about what a piece of crap it was. :lol:

Years ago, my Father in Law was living with us. Wonderful man. Never said much, but took in everything.

One day when the wife was at work and the kids in school, he and I were sitting at the kitchen table with coffee, he opened the door a bit and told me some of his adventures.

He served with an Engineer Battalion in the Great War. He never said much about it, but that day he

opened up and we talked some. As best I could determine he served a machine gun. He did not say what model or kind. I hope it was not the French disaster Chauchat. We might have lost him and I would have no family. He said that they were cut off from the rear echelons for a time and all they had to eat was pancakes. He loved pancakes. He did until he died. It was a special deal for him and the girls to get up on Saturday and have sourdough silver dollar pancakes for breakfast. I sure miss that man.

When in doubt, pull yore 45 out, sez I. ;)

I started watching The Lost Battalion the other day. It came on just as I was leaving the house. Two doughboys were showing their ShoSho to a couple of FNGs and talking about what a piece of crap it was. :lol:

MARVELOUS movie!

Bob, you are NOT dressed for a French winter. To (approximately) quote Ray Stevens, "You git your clothes on!"

MARVELOUS movie!

Bob, you are NOT dressed for a French winter. To (approximately) quote Ray Stevens, "You git your clothes on!"

It's French fall. ;)

Besides, French winters are wimpy!

Archived