SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Old Army 5 1/2"

English Luke

Hi, I have been offered an as new ROA 5 1/2" stainless over here in the UK, I am hesitating as I am coming over to the States in 8 weeks and just wondered how likely I would to come across one while I was over and how much I could expect to pay, I will be in the Phoenix/Tucson area.

Howdy:

There are rather difficult to find here. Prices vary from $500-$900 depending of condition etc.

STL Suomi

(However, you may find a Cowboy who has one who would be willing to discuss the price :-) )

This one equates to $930, talk about the law of supply and demand 2 years ago I bought a 5 1/2" and a 7 1/2", both stainless and in as new condition for $875 the pair in a Tucson gunshop, was hoping to be able to repeat this.

Be sure they are Vaquero style sight and not adjustable. The adjustable sight models are not SASS legal and worth next to nothing in our market.

Good Luck

McKenzie

This one equates to $930, talk about the law of supply and demand 2 years ago I bought a 5 1/2" and a 7 1/2", both stainless and in as new condition for $875 the pair in a Tucson gunshop, was hoping to be able to repeat this.

It's all about being in the right place at the right time, which is sometimes never.....

....a shooting buddy of mine was able to get a pair of 5 1/2 BLUE with fixed sights, balls, powder, caps, cappers, and a few other odds and ends for only $700!!! :o :o I've seen single BLUEs start at $700 now....

Be sure they are Vaquero style sight and not adjustable. The adjustable sight models are not SASS legal and worth next to nothing in our market.

Good Luck

McKenzie

I believe all ROA's are legal in some SASS categories....Adj. sights can be shot in age based categories if ya don't mind shooting against cartridge guns.....of course one could add conversion cylinders too. ;) Fixed sight ROA's are legal for use in Frontiersman and other fixed sight categories if I am not mistaken.

I guess I'm glad some folks think adj. sight ROA's are worth next to nothing in our market....leaves far better prices for other category shooters for a really cool looking exceptional shooting revolver.

Don't think English Luke can own a conversion cylinder in UK...

Luke, I can look in a couple of Tucson gunshops and see what they have, and if reasonable, could hold one for you to pick up at Bordertown.

Flint.

Don't think English Luke can own a conversion cylinder in UK...

Luke, I can look in a couple of Tucson gunshops and see what they have, and if reasonable, could hold one for you to pick up at Bordertown.

Flint.

You're correct about the conversion cylinders, thanks very much for the offer but I have decided to bite the bullet and go for the sure thing. Looking forward to shooting with eveybody at Bordertown, 8 weeks and counting till I fly out.

Archived