SASS Wire Forum

IAC 97 stock, something different.

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

My buddy Ketchum Quick and I were out in my shop looking at as box of stocks when he got a idea to do some customizing on a old IAC 97 walnut stock. I love english style stocks so that what he did, I think it turned out pretty nice,hard to believe it was a pistol grip. IAC ENGLISH STOCK. Gonna finish it off with some checkering from Old West laser graphics and a red english style pad.

Me likey too!! Tired of refinishing stocks for a while tho.....it'll have to wait till it gets cold outside....maybe never from the looks of things in the middle of the country. :mellow:

With big hands it seems to help when you snatch it off the table. If my '97 wasn't checkered I would be converting my '97 to a english style too.

I truely believe that with the checkering this will be a hard combination to beat on a '97.

Ketchum Quick

Nicely done! Hmmm... wonder what it'd do to the looks of the Trench Gun?

Nicely done! Hmmm... wonder what it'd do to the looks of the Trench Gun?

I bet it would look pretty cool. Like with the '73s, the deluxe had a pistol grip type stock and the economy guns had a straight grip stock. To me the straight grip stock makes more sense on a working class '97. Just a thought.

Ketchum Quick

Archived