SASS Wire Forum

Rugerforum.com website

KC Colt, SASS #69404

I like to read this site once in a while and have noticed a leftward tilt to the posts made by some of the moderators.

Example: Moderator, CD Fingers, advocating a ban on lead bullets in CA. This makes me a bit ill that a "Mod" on a pro-gun site would be so far off the map. Anyone else a member of this site? If so please let the owner, Flatgate (aka Carl) know that it is not appreciated.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=152862

"(CDF):OK: Measurements show lead in condor blood. Fact. That amount is too high for continued health. Fact. Isotopic analysis shows the lead comes from bullets. Fact.

We have two broad choices: ignore the results and allow condors to become extinct in California, or we can look at the results and suggest mitigation remedies. The second broad choice involves dozens and dozens of proposals.

The question I have for those who deny that lead found in condors comes from ammo: where, then did this lead come from other than recent kills by lead-based ammo? We can wait for your research, which we know will be forthcoming....

The other option involves ways of mitigation. One suggestion is to use non lead based ammo. I'm in favor of that. Why? If a hunter is good, has practiced, and has dialed his rifle in to the new bullet, he (or she) only should need to fire once. At most twice. So if a hunter whines about three dollar bullets, we can rest assured she or he's not the marksman s/he should be."

Please email Flatgate and let him know that folks like CD are not helpful to the cause. I sent Carl an email letting him know that his Mod, CD, needs to be removed...banned.

WOW! I don't know Flatgate, but if he needs more than one person to point it out to him, actually if he needs anyone to point it out to him, he is unlikely to be swayed one way or the other. I'm not so amazed that someone would find their way to the forum as a troll, but to be a moderator?

Well I have been a very active member of that Forum since 2003 with over 5800 post. It is one of the best Forums out there along with some very knowledgeable Guys. There are quite a few SASS members on it also. Have meet some great guys both face to face and on the Forum. I also consider flatgate/Carl a friend.

The post that is referred to is in the RugerForum.com Forum Index -> Gun Control and Other Political Issues. This section is open to ALL opinions by any member. If you read all of the post you will see that. I very seldom ever go there and have only post a few times in it. Just not my place to be.

Here is what the Mods. do.

"These are folks who have volunteered to help get rid of spammers, obscene posters, and generally keep rule and order. There are no special requirements to this group other than honesty and friendliness."

Wyandot

PS KC Colt are you a member of the Forum???

Not a member nor does one need to be a member to read content.

Ask your friend if he is OK with one of his Mods being a bullet banner. In the real world that would be grounds for termination, IMHO.

Well that is one of the things that make that Forum so GREAT. Post YOUR opinion, but ya better be preparied for others take on it. Which there were a lot that didn't agree and they had the facts to back it up. Not going to bother Carl about this. He knows and it is his Forum to run the way he wants to at no charge.

Ya might want to read some of the post on page 2 and they are from CA. as CDFingers is.

I understand that there are some on the Forum that voted for Obama but are still on the form :)

Just for the record it was for NON lead bullets to HUNT with.

Kind of like some areas of Duck and Goose Hunting in Texas. Steel shot only :rolleyes:

FWIW CD does like to stir the pot.

Wyandot

Im a signed member. I went there thinking it was sponsored by Ruger. Many there give poor info,especially moderators who believe they are expert re loaders. No one at SASS would ever print some info Ive seen allowed there but they are no better or worse than other web sites Ive been on.

Im a signed member. I went there thinking it was sponsored by Ruger. Many there give poor info,especially moderators who believe they are expert re loaders. No one at SASS would ever print some info Ive seen allowed there but they are no better or worse than other web sites Ive been on.

The banner at the top of their page clearly states they got nut'n to do with the Ruger company.

LG

The banner at the top of their page clearly states they got nut'n to do with the Ruger company.

LG

Back to the OP.

Anyone think it is a good idea to ban lead bullets in the great state of California (or anywhere else)?

Fake environmentalists are using the Condor for an end around smoke cloud gun control scheme and to have a "pro-gun" website spout this BS by one of their leaders is in my opinion not good for us and said website should be called out and that is what I am doing. Also note that Rugerforum.com is not in anyway associated with the Firearms co.

Not a member of the site and never been there, but...

Seems you would be far better off presenting a well researched and cogent counter argument rather than trying to get the guy banned.

Not a member of the site and never been there, but...

Seems you would be far better off presenting a well researched and cogent counter argument rather than trying to get the guy banned.

You assume the lead banning argument has some basis of fact and reasoning behind it. It does not and therefore they will not listen to anything counter. They want to take away our rights. Liberals (CD Fingers is worse that a liberal actually..more of a full blown commie) can't be reasoned with since their arguments are based on feelings and they know what is best for everyone else. My goal is to shine a bright light on the fool and hope the owner removes him.

You assume the lead banning argument has some basis of fact and reasoning behind it. It does not and therefore they will not listen to anything counter. They want to take away our rights. Liberals (CD Fingers is worse that a liberal actually..more of a full blown commie) can't be reasoned with since their arguments are based on feelings and they know what is best for everyone else. My goal is to shine a bright light on the fool and hope the owner removes him.

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

WOW WOW I guess you didn't read any of my post. I was trying to tell you the facts in a nice way. That is CD's opinion and he is welcome to it same as you.

Well just leave what you don't know about and don't understand alone. CD IS NOT A LEADER. If you are not a member Please don't bad mouth a Forum you don't have a clue about/

If you would like to be one we would be more than happy to have your input on subjects, ya might even learn a thing or three :rolleyes: .

If you don't know what you dont't know you will never know that you don't know what you don't know

Stick with the SASS Wire.

Thanks sooo much.

Wyandot

When dealing with anti's or FUDD's, you'd be wasting your time and energy.......

When dealing with lead ammo ban proposals, people need to realize that the group (Center for Ecological Diversity) that is pushing for these bans, is not limiting it to hunting areas. They are also targeting ALL lead ammo for ALL uses, including target shooting and shooting sports.

KC

The reason for making a cogent counter argument is not to pursuade CD Fingers. He has already announced what he believes. The reason for posting a counter argument is to pursuade those who haven't made up their minds. When I first read the original post, I thought why is KC afraid of confronting the guy head on? I am afraid a lot of the regular readers of the forum in question will think the same thing because there is no way a moderator is going to be bounced as a troll.

Just remember who you are trying to pursuade. It isn't CD Fingers. It is everybody else who reads that site. If you allow a lie to go unchallenged the lie wins. If you try to silence a lie by silencing the liar, the lie wins. The only way to beat a lie is with a well documented counter argument. KC you are a well educated man. Name calling and threats don't pursuade thinking people. Have your facts fully at hand and you will do well.

Good luck.

KC you are a well educated man.

Good luck.

Howdy Bart -

You forgot to mention that I am good looking, outgoing, and a real good shooter. :lol:

I don't believe anyone has been threatened. And I am not going to make a counter argument against a left wing gun control scheme because everyone (except those on the left) knows what is going on here. Also I think you are missing the point. CD Fingers is a moderator on a gun website and he is advocating for a ban on lead bullets. Not just for hunting but a total ban on lead in the once great state of CA. That is just wrong and the owner of the website needs to put a stop to the idiocy because it is rite bad for the cause...shooting.

Also if you read that thread please note the very good arguments made by Dixieboy and Wolfsong.

On a side note I once paid CD Finger's annual NRA Membership (his first) because I thought a Gun Forum Moderator should be a member. That was one heck of a mistake because that gave him a right to tear down the NRA every chance he got. Some folks are just not fighting on the RIGHT side and that is sad to see on a gun forum. Bart please don't take offense at my slamming the left cause I now think you are on the Right side of things. :blush:

Your pard,

KC

Well,

First off I need to apologize to KC Colt for coming on so strong about this post. I get a little over the top about the Ruger Forum that I love and spend way to much time on. KC is spot on with his observation and the comments he has made.

He doesn't need to post any rebuttal on this. That has been done VERY WELL BY CA. Members with facts. If ya don't think so take a few minutes to read the post. Even for a Texas Boy they are very interesting. Bottom line that is one big dumb arsh bird.

Like I have said CD is welcome to his opinion and even though he is a Mod all of us old time members know he is a JERK and could care less what he says. Doesn't take long for newbies to figure that out also.

Wyandot

I like to read this site once in a while and have noticed a leftward tilt to the posts made by some of the moderators.

Example: Moderator, CD Fingers, advocating a ban on lead bullets in CA. This makes me a bit ill that a "Mod" on a pro-gun site would be so far off the map. Anyone else a member of this site? If so please let the owner, Flatgate (aka Carl) know that it is not appreciated.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=152862

I am a member there and post under the name kentdep and I have talked with Carl a couple of times on the phone. He is a nice guy. I will research your finding and see what I find before I contact him.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ketchum Quick

Howdy Bart -

You forgot to mention that I am good looking, outgoing, and a real good shooter. :lol:

I don't believe anyone has been threatened. And I am not going to make a counter argument against a left wing gun control scheme because everyone (except those on the left) knows what is going on here. Also I think you are missing the point. CD Fingers is a moderator on a gun website and he is advocating for a ban on lead bullets. Not just for hunting but a total ban on lead in the once great state of CA. That is just wrong and the owner of the website needs to put a stop to the idiocy because it is rite bad for the cause...shooting.

Also if you read that thread please note the very good arguments made by Dixieboy and Wolfsong.

On a side note I once paid CD Finger's annual NRA Membership (his first) because I thought a Gun Forum Moderator should be a member. That was one heck of a mistake because that gave him a right to tear down the NRA every chance he got. Some folks are just not fighting on the RIGHT side and that is sad to see on a gun forum. Bart please don't take offense at my slamming the left cause I now think you are on the Right side of things. :blush:

Your pard,

KC

Well, I have to admit you are good looking and you do a pretty good job shooting.

As to right or left, I know you think I am on the left, and I will admit to having a leg in both camps. What I mean by that is I insist that people take the time to learn and then present facts and that they act on the facts as they are and not as they wish they were. When people on the right are right, I side with them. When people on the left are right I side with them. But I try not to side with anybody until I look at the evidence.

When I was a kid, my parents taught me that people were expected to prove their pet positions. I was taught that we weren't to take anything anybody said merely on faith. That was a tough way to live, but my folks were tough people. They came out of the dust bowl. They learned that the earth can jump up and bite you if you don't take care of it. In an environment like that what you knew, not who you knew, kept you and yours alive. They taught me that you take care of the people around you. "Cowboy up" means something. You do the right thing by your neighbors and your country.

In these last decades we have become very tribal. Now days we seem to make all kinds of decisions based on who is talking and not what they are saying. If the talker is a member of our tribe we take what he says on faith. Hell, we don't even insist he complete his thoughts. Just mumbling a few empty slogans is good enough for most people. If he is a member of the other tribe we tune him out entirely. He could be telling you the most important stuff in the world and we refuse to listen. I happen to think that approach to decision making is BS. I would rather demand proof.

As you know I reload lead bullets all the time so I am not afraid of lead, but I am not stupid. I know enough to realize that lead is a poison and you need to limit your exposure to lead, expecially lead in the air. But not only I am I not stupid, I am not crazy. I still demand proof. I listen to both sides and evaluate the evidence. That will help me keep me and mine alive.

Fellas, this total lead ban from ca. due to Condors eating and dying has been going on for 40 or more years, the same exact BS. Look it up,smile at one another be friendly,life is too short.

Fellas, this total lead ban from ca. due to Condors eating and dying has been going on for 40 or more years, the same exact BS. Look it up,smile at one another be friendly,life is too short.

We aren't mad at each other. KC and I shoot together all the time. He has spent time teaching me how to shoot, and last year he loaned me his really fancy engraved vaqueros when I falled to bring the right guns to the side matches at POP. On at least one occasion he has taken me aside to calm me down. We really are friends. It is a friendship I value a lot.

That said, just a few weeks ago, for the first time ever, we tied on rank points in a monthly. That was really cool. He beat me in overall time by a couple of seconds, but he knows I am sneaking up on him. :ph34r:

Maybe that is sort of like the old Indian sneaking up on Josie Wales, but I like to think I am sneaking up. :lol:

Archived