SASS Wire Forum

Professing Ignorance

Come On Christmas

I have bought and sold several guns on Gunbroker and have copied the shipping instructions most other sellers I have seen. For Sale Conus except to California. I assumed sales there are highly regulated or more expensive. Please don't go all Apey and political. I would just like the facts.

Shameless

It is simple!

If you are an FFL, you have to get an approval to send a gun to another FFL here in California.

If you are a private individual, you don't have to do anything. Just send the gun to an FFL here in California.

The rule that makes FFL's not want to send guns to California does not apply to private individuals.

Here is an FAQ from the California Department of Justice (http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcfaqs#2):

Frequently Asked Questions

California Firearms Licensee Check (CFLC) Program

2. I am not an FFL but I want to ship a firearm to a California FFL. Do I have to obtain a Firearms Shipment Approval number before shipping a firearm to California?

No. The requirement to obtain a Firearms Shipment Approval number only applies to holders of valid FFLs.

It is simple!

If you are an FFL, you have to get an approval to send a gun to another FFL here in California.

If you are a private individual, you don't have to do anything. Just send the gun to an FFL here in California.

The rule that makes FFL's not want to send guns to California does not apply to private individuals.

Here is an FAQ from the California Department of Justice (http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcfaqs#2):

Frequently Asked Questions

California Firearms Licensee Check (CFLC) Program

2. I am not an FFL but I want to ship a firearm to a California FFL. Do I have to obtain a Firearms Shipment Approval number before shipping a firearm to California?

No. The requirement to obtain a Firearms Shipment Approval number only applies to holders of valid FFLs.

Ohhhhhh so it's much ado about nothing. I am a reasonable man I will change my thinking on this as I would be cutting out a huge market.

PLEASE CHECK MY REVAMPED HOMBRE SALE IN THE SASS CLASSIFIEDS.

Tommy O'Shameless

Ohhhhhh so it's much ado about nothing. I am a reasonable man I will change my thinking on this as I would be cutting out a huge market.

PLEASE CHECK MY REVAMPED HOMBRE SALE IN THE SASS CLASSIFIEDS.

Tommy O'Shameless

The only other thing to worry about is whether the shipped gun is on their approved list. You can ship most anything to Calif., but you stand the risk of the receiving party not being able to pick it up. I have sold many to Calif. residents, but have made it clear that they must shoulder the burden of proof for it being on the approved list. Just my 2 cents worth!! B)

I only buy and sell "Our Guns" the only thing anyone would freak out about would maybe be a 1911 or an 1897. I am never selling the ones I have now.

Shameless Womanizer

I only buy and sell "Our Guns" the only thing anyone would freak out about would maybe be a 1911 or an 1897. I am never selling the ones I have now.

Shameless Womanizer

Uberti has no pistols listed as approved for sale in CA, so you might have some issues

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

This is the site to see if a handgun is able to legally be sold to non-LEO in California

+1

Snakebite

+2 No worries with single action revolvers to the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, they just must be FFL to FFL for shipping. Legal long guns are ok from a a citizen to an FFL - and I can't think of a SASS long arm that isn't legal in CA.

Our Politicians (but we keep electing them) are anti-, but it ain't that far gone, YET!?

Harvey

and I can't think of a SASS long arm that isn't legal in CA.

Harvey

I can but I am not going to tell anyone what it is as the powers that be haven't caught on that they are prohibiited and are being sold here.:ph34r:

Archived