SASS Wire Forum

Just Plum Speechless

Helping out grandson with a little research on Poe and stumbled onto this website. Guess I've just been living in the cellar oblivious to the ways of the world. My gut reaction is that there aren't sufficient words to convey my displeasure. More revisionist BS thats on the taxpayers tab no doubt! <_<

Hip Hop to Success

And there is, I suppose, a slim hope that even a fractured version of a classic might lead at least one young rapper to actually pick up the book for the original version. Our folks probably felt the same way about Cliff Notes....

LL

This has actually happened with my 14 y/o daughter. Middle School English Teacher played this in class while they were studying Edgar Allen Poe. She's since downloaded several collections of Poe's short-stories and poems on her tablet and read them. She loves horror movies, and we've had a few discussions about how Poe was the "horror movie" guy of his time. She even claims that "The Raven" is her favorite poem now. -_- And, of course, she's trying to get me to take her to the Crusak movie...... :rolleyes:

Chick

This has actually happened with my 14 y/o daughter. Middle School English Teacher played this in class while they were studying Edgar Allen Poe. She's since downloaded several collections of Poe's short-stories and poems on her tablet and read them. She loves horror movies, and we've had a few discussions about how Poe was the "horror movie" guy of his time. She even claims that "The Raven" is her favorite poem now. -_- And, of course, she's trying to get me to take her to the Crusak movie...... :rolleyes:

Chick

Good for her, Chick! Frankly, I don't care what gets kids interested in reading literature...as long as they do. I'll bet she keeps going, well beyond Poe.

LL

Archived