SASS Wire Forum

Question re some NEW cowboy guns......

After YEARS of being gone decided to get back to CAS, thinking classic cowboy so 45LC it is......thinking of picking up a set of stainless Model p's. Cimmarron has 1 set made by Pietta and another by Uberti, the price is only $20 diff. The Pietts look to be higher polished yet cost less...any input would be appreciated.

Also regarding their(Cimmarron), coachguns , are these made by huglu, Or ??????

Thinking of getting a Dickenson arms "hammerless", shotgun ( which is definitely a HUGLU), these are tight on opening/closing can the hammer springs be lightened to make this easier or??????

my thanks in advance

I've have a couple of Pietta's,one in 44-40 and one in 38/357.Both of mine came from EMF and I've never had a problem with either.And,no I don't mix and match the calibers.I also have 75 Remingtons in both of those calibers;those are Uberti built.No problems with those either.Check with EMF before you buy.They sell the same guns at a bit cheaper price.

Dutch,

I have a set of the 5 1/2 inch Pietta Stainless, Model P's from EMF. The are pretty good guns but did require an action job (done by Jim Bowie of Cowboy and Indians). Also, the high polish stainless allows you to buff out the laser engraving on the barrel so they are hard to distinguish from Colts - AND very easy to repair from scuffs and wear. One problem that I did have is that Pietta polished the barrel (including the crown) which lessened the accuracy. I did have the focing cones recut and the barrels recrown. I also had to file down the front site a bit (which I have had to do with every Uberti I've owned as well). Now they are capable of 3 inch groups at 25 yards. Not that you need that for CAS - but I'm just picky that way.

Good luck, Conejo

Archived