SASS Wire Forum

Handicapping shooter

Willy Whiskers

Too bad...Golf is a great game...I'll give ya a stroke a hole - let's play :P

GG ~ :FlagAm:

RE: Handicapped shooting in our sport - I'm with the 'no' crowd.

I might take you up on that. Got me a hole in one last month and shot an 88 last week. Didn't quit the game....I should have said that I quit the county club.....lol.

KK

OK, so why don't you all tell me what you think. Ya Right. It seems that the general feeling about this is NNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!. and no club seems to have done it successfully. Granted that this is not a large sample, but most everyone who posted I know well from the wire and respect your call. Guess I'll table this idea and not research it any more. Truth to tell I was having a devil of a time trying to make the numbers work and if it's that hard and complicated it is probebly not a good idea. Thanks All. WW

First off let me say I like the game just as it is. Well FCGF should be recognized, but other than that it's all good.

Now here's a thought, rather than handicap the shooter handicap the style or propellant. Smokeless traditional shooters would be the base or scratch shooters. GF'rs would get a .1 second bonus Duelist get .2 anyone shooting BP gets .5 seconds. for instance someone shooting FCGF would get .1 for GF and .5 for BP for a total of .6 second bonus. I am just throwing numbers out, someone smarter than me would have to set those up.

Having said all that I have seen many BP Duelist whoop on a lot of traditional smokeless shooters. So let me repeat I like the game the way it is, I just wanted to see some heads explode :lol:

Smoke

Leave it alone. One of the reasons I quit golf was because competitors were managing their handicaps. I can see it now. Shoot poorly at monthly matches and get the handicap up and then shoot good at the big shoots.....

KK

AMEN BROTHER.

I might take you up on that. Got me a hole in one last month and shot an 88 last week. Didn't quit the game....I should have said that I quit the county club.....lol.

KK

Game on! :D

Pard,

One local club did something like handicapping. IIRC, they divided the scores in three parts. The top part had the usual awards. The middle group of scores had a name something like Marshall. (I don't really remember the names.) Then the bottom group of scores had another name. You could win a first through ? (I forget, maybe third) for the middle or bottom group.

I thought it was a stupid idea. :ph34r:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Game on! :D

So, let me get this straight....you'll spot me a stroke a hole for 18 holes.....ARE WE PLAYIN FOR MONEY$$$$. I shot a 43/40 today and had 6 straight pars on the back.....got tired and went three over on the last two holes. I think I'm ready.

KK

So, let me get this straight....you'll spot me a stroke a hole for 18 holes.....ARE WE PLAYIN FOR MONEY$. I shot a 43/40 today and had 6 straight pars on the back.....got tired and went three over on the last two holes. I think I'm ready.

KK

Yup! $20 bones amigo - I may lose but I got ya to play.....:lol: ....aftre that you can enjoy the victory with a coke and a smile!!

GG~:FlagAm:

Yup! $20 bones amigo - I may lose but I got ya to play.....:lol: ....aftre that you can enjoy the victory with a coke and a smile!!

GG~:FlagAm:

be carefull

coke aint what is waz, when we waz young

or am I just maddd again

and overthinking what ya just said :lol::lol::lol:

Archived