SASS Wire Forum

WTB Henry Big Boy

You sure? Have you read the reviews on the wire? Do you know that Henry is bringing out a repro 1860 Henry in 44-40? Scheduled to be in stores around Christmas.

You sure? Have you read the reviews on the wire? Do you know that Henry is bringing out a repro 1860 Henry in 44-40? Scheduled to be in stores around Christmas.

Seriously? Wonder if it will be another POS. But a well-made American manufactured 1860 would probably sell very well. You have a link for that, Col.?

Seriously? Wonder if it will be another POS. But a well-made American manufactured 1860 would probably sell very well.

The Henry Big Boy is really a good rifle .

It is NOT a P.O.S .

It just is NOT a good gun for cowboy action shooting .

I will bet most who post negative remarks on the Big Boy has never owned one or shot one !

My Pard has a Big Boy 45LC and has never had a jam or malfunction with it .

But he dont shoot cowboy with it , He hunts and target shoots and it is FLAWLESS .

As much as Henry gits slammed by SASS members I am surprised they support SASS at all. :huh:

It is NOT a P.O.S .

I will bet most who post negative remarks on the Big Boy has never owned one or shot one !

But he dont shoot cowboy with it , He hunts and target shoots and it is FLAWLESS .

As much as Henry gits slammed by SASS members I am surprised they support SASS at all. :huh:

Actually, I was thinking more of those crappy Chaparral (sp?) 66 and 73 clones. If Henry Repeating Arms can build a high-quality, American made 1860 I am all for it. I do like HRA's lever action 22s.

This, I think, is the important thing prospective HBB owners need to know. If I've got time to chamber a round carefully, the rifle is flawless. But when you're on the clock, the HBB can be a bit of a pain. Yes, I just traded my HBB for an Uberti 1873...but that's because my only intent for the rifle is to use it for CAS and I needed something I felt would be better for the sport.

It is NOT a P.O.S .

This is a cowboy action shooting website. Opinions are formed on that basis.

pards, i think we are losing track of the intent of this thread. this man is looking for a firearm, not our opinions of such firearm, i have owned 4 af these firearms of which i no longer own, but my opinions are not relavent on this thread, i might recomend looking on buds gun sales site for the best price on a henry, i think i paid around 650 for the last one i bought, thanks pop

I am looking for a Henry Big Boy in the middle TN or north AL area

Seriously Dusty. I got it right from the horses' mouth. But I also told them that I thought they should bring it out in 38/357 first and then 45 Colt and then 44-40 because of the CAS popularity/use of those calibers. I also told them about having to be careful when loading and doing the "Henry hop" when shooting. I also told them that they should make a 97 shotgun repro because the Chinese weren't exporting them anymore.

The HBB just isn't a go fast gun & it has a tendancy to balk when the shooter tries to push it.

RJ, if you really want one try Auction Arms Guns America or Gun Broker There are 13 on Guns America ranging in price from $659 to $789.

Bud's Guns is out of HBBs. Their last price was $672.

After the post by Col. Nathan C. Riddles.

I called Henry today and they verified to me that they WILL have a new American made 1860 out before the end of 2012 in a 44/40 .

There my be more calibers to come .

I asked to be put in for a 38/357 and a 44mag/44special and a 45lc.

They said that they will keep it in mind . :blink:

Sorry Pard I did not intend to high jack your post .

Good luck with your search . :)

Archived