SASS Wire Forum

Just got done watching Encore westerns

Mosey N Sloe

Hey what's wrong with that? Just remember nobody will laugh and you'll always get a big standing ovation when your done.

Heck ya gots loaded guns in your hands. Only a dang fool would make fun of an armed singer

Oklahoma is as much a western as Citizen Kane is a comedy. :rolleyes:

Oklahoma is as much a western as Citizen Kane is a comedy. :rolleyes:

+1! Guess that when they passed culture out I never obtained any cause I hate musicals inclusive of Oklahoma and cant stand singing cowboy movies either. When younger Roy or Gene singing was just about as detestful as them kissin a girl. :blink:

I've only liked two musical in my life.

The Music Man. I don't know why (maybe because it had Shirley Jones in it) :wub:

and Moulin Rouge ... because it's just dang weird and fun to watch when you're half drunk. :lol:

Well, being a sometimes contrarian, I will admit to liking good musicals.

I appreciate good music (not rap or hip-hop crap) and Oklahoma has some very good songs with some good singers. Maybe it is not classic western genre, but a little variety is good for us all (once a year or so.... :P ).

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

Harvey

Well, being a sometimes contrarian, I will admit to liking good musicals.

I appreciate good music (not rap or hip-hop crap) and Oklahoma has some very good songs with some good singers. Maybe it is not classic western genre, but a little variety is good for us all (once a year or so.... :P ).

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

Harvey

I am with you Harvey. Good music is good music. Broadway has produced some good stuff in the past and some not so good stuff too. The not so good stuff didn't last long.

Archived