SASS Wire Forum

Navy Arms ?

Johnny Tarr #93871

Nate, didn't the Navy versions also have the upgraded sights, too? As opposed to the regular Rossi bb gun sights. I know my brass-frame 20" octagon EMF that you made into a good 92 does and it has some good wood too. Whereas my old Interarms that you also made into a good 92 has the creosote wood and the bb gun sights. I should have had you upgrade the sights on that one while you had it.

Howdy,

Merlot has been shooting a Navy Arms/Rossi '92 in 45 since she started 6 years ago. She's tried '66s and '73s and prefers her '92. She's not a fast shooter, but she shoots clean about 8 or 9 times a year. In 6 years we replaced a screw that broke. Other than that it has run on everything she's fed it without a hiccup. You can't get a better rifle than that.

Shakey

Nate, didn't the Navy versions also have the upgraded sights, too? As opposed to the regular Rossi bb gun sights. I know my brass-frame 20" octagon EMF that you made into a good 92 does and it has some good wood too. Whereas my old Interarms that you also made into a good 92 has the creosote wood and the bb gun sights. I should have had you upgrade the sights on that one while you had it.

I"ve seen the Navy's with and without the sight upgrades so I don't know for sure. They may have been an option.

I have a Navy Arms 1873 Special Sporting model, 24" barrel, 45LC with case hardened receiver and beautiful wood. Love the gun, shoots great. Its made by Uberti.

Yes , but the OP was talking about '92 copies , '73s are a whole nuther thing.

Just sayin' , Rex :D

Archived