SASS Wire Forum

I Like Where SASS Is Heading - Way To Go Wild Bunch!

Lead dispencer #27115

you just described my introduction to the sport. No one said anything about my stock guns/in-expensive leather/and basic attire and all were encouraging and supportive.

Excellent - That's the way it should be.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always wanted nothing but the best for SASS

like any thing else in life

It were-nt perfect

I am real glad that

you were able to do what ya did

thanks

SASS-RocKs-man

complaints-----by some

not so much :lol::lol::lol:

when it comes to rocks

Would love to see a man on man match with the great J. Mucilak..I think Mr. Lead would bring home the bacon.!!

Would love to see a man on man match with the great J. Mucilak..I think Mr. Lead would bring home the bacon.!!

He would have to shoot a lot of single action pistol, lever action rifle and shot gun loading either a double or 97 rounds to even get up to fair. There is a lot of difference than shooting double action revolvers, semi auto rifles and pump/semi auto shotguns using loading tubes. He is very good at those.

Snydly Whiplash, SASS #16258, on 11 February 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

"He would have to shoot a lot of single action pistol, lever action rifle and shot gun loading either a double or 97 rounds to even get up to fair. There is a lot of difference than shooting double action revolvers, semi auto rifles and pump/semi auto shotguns using loading tubes. He is very good at those."

It would take the top shooters in any shooting sport a while to get up to speed if they tried another type of match using completely different guns. Jerry Miculek is a very good shooter in any of the competitions he competes in, but has been the best in the world with a double action revolver for quite some time. If you think it would take him a lot of shooting to just be considered a "fair" cowboy action shooter, think again. Also, the other action shooting sports have a whole set of different challenges that we never run up against in cowboy matches. Miculek will be at the International Revolver Championships in San Luis Obispo in June, for those who want to show him how it's done. There will be a couple of cowboy shooters there. Smokin Gator

Fix the SASS rules mess created by three books containing rules. Having worked with many newer shooters over the last several years, it is almost impossible to get them to understand all the rules and where they are located.

Find an accessable repository for all the rule interpretations made by the WB or RO committee. Been talked about a lot but never fixed.

AMEN!!! X100

Well I'll Reserve judgment on that fer a Spell ...

Respectfully Jabez Cowboy

I ain't from the Show Me State ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, But ...

Organizations have often been weakened when Politics enter the scene. Ontogony recopitulates philogony.

Guest Joe West, SASS#1532 L Regulator

I think he meant this just misspelled it:

"Ontogeny Recapitulates Phylogeny

By David N. Menton

© copyright 1991 Missouri Association for Creation, Inc.

Students of biology who have gone to the trouble to memorize this impressive sounding phrase will be disheartened to learn that it has been known to be untrue since it was first proposed as "fact" by Ernst Haeckel nearly 100 years ago! The recapitulation myth, better known as the biogenetic "law", claims that each embryo in its development passes through abbreviated stages that resemble developmental stages of its evolutionary ancestors. The fictitious "gill slits" of human embryos discussed in Myth # 1, for example, are supposed to represent the "fish" or "amphibian" stage of man's evolutionary ancestors. Most professional evolutionists no longer believe this myth. The famous evolutionist Dr. Paul Ehrlich, for example, said: "this interpretation of embryological sequences will not stand close examination. Its' shortcomings have been almost universally pointed out by modern authors, but the idea still has a prominent place in biological mythology." ('The Process of Evolution' 1963, p.66). In his book 'The Beginnings of Life' (1977, p. 32), embryologist Dr. E. Blechschmidt reveals some of his frustration with the persistence of this myth: "The so-called basic law of biogenetics is wrong. No buts or ifs can mitigate this fact. It is not even a tiny bit correct or correct in a different form. It is totally wrong." Yet in a recent (1980) survey of 15 high school biology text books, 9 offered embryological recapitulation as evidence for evolution! "

Guest Joe West, SASS#1532 L Regulator

I'm grey not blonde but I don't get it either, maybe he will explain the connection.

Joe

I guess I'm too old, blonde, and dense to equate that to SASS. :unsure::rolleyes:

A reference to the evolution of SASS I suppose.

Bit of a stretch. I can't imagine The Judge and Gen Grant crawling out of the primordial soup.

Some others...I can. :lol:<_<

Speaking of primordial soup, it's gettin on to about lunchtime. Maybe some hot Campbells Chunky Sirloin Burger would be nice on a snowy Sunday. And mebbe I'll start a fire.

But I digress.. :unsure:

Izzit snowin' up thar in the high country, UB? Comin' down pretty good here in the north pole of Texas.

It's all good mostly. I like it all EXCEPT ONE thing. And that is that we have allowed the rifle targets to creep in year by year until nowadays they are WAY too close. We need to start pushing them back out year by year to a decent distance to where they are an actual rifle target and not just another bank of pistol targets that we shoot with the rifle.

Any rifle target closer than 20 yards is too close. 20 yards is not that far. I am not asking for them to be at max SASS recommended range of 50 yards, I know that would never fly. But a variety of distances between 20 and 35 with an occasional 40 would make it a lot more interesting. Nowadays folks would consider a 40 yard rifle target to be some kind of impossibly difficult bonus shot. Sad.

Archived