SASS Wire Forum

Browning 1911-.22

el Gato Gordo - SASS #15162

The only thing I went into Sportsman's Warehouse for was a shell holder for my case trimmer. That's all, really! And I bought one.

I also left with a nice little Browning 1911-.22, came running home and tried it out. 200 rounds of various ammo - CCI, Remington, and I don't know what else. Not a hiccup. What a nice little semi!

I did have to widen the rear blade a bit so that there would be some daylight on each side of the front sight. It only came with one mag, but the mag follower can be depressed with a little gripper on the side of the mag, which makes for very easy reloading.

Wonder if Santa should leave it under the tree?

Feliz Navidad!

eGG

is it a better size for a little girl than a Sig 1911-22?

What is a ball park price?

yes, would be very suitable to someone with small hands. Ballpark about $550

The only thing I went into Sportsman's Warehouse for was a shell holder for my case trimmer. That's all, really! And I bought one.

I also left with a nice little Browning 1911-.22, came running home and tried it out. 200 rounds of various ammo - CCI, Remington, and I don't know what else. Not a hiccup. What a nice little semi!

I did have to widen the rear blade a bit so that there would be some daylight on each side of the front sight. It only came with one mag, but the mag follower can be depressed with a little gripper on the side of the mag, which makes for very easy reloading.

Wonder if Santa should leave it under the tree?

Feliz Navidad!

eGG

eGG,

You know, I've had similar experiences myself. Go in for one thing, come home with a bonus! Thank you for sharing your experiences on this new Browning 1911-.22. I was very interested in hearing about how they ran after reading about it in my American Rifleman magazine. I think this is a new entry on my "wanted list". Knowing it is American made and by the same folks who built my Browning Buck Mark is a huge plus. Thanks again and, yes I would put it under the Christmas tree, that way you can sit back and admire it! ;) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Buckeye Pete :FlagAm:

It was special, getting a "1911" with the Browning name, and Made in USA!

Shot it some more today, using a box of mixed ammo that I toss leftovers into: LRN, jacketed hollow points, various manufacturers. No problems, cycled every time. I have only been shooting at my CAS targets from an extra 5 yards back (about 12 yds altogether), I haven't shot for group yet. Very nice trigger on this gun. What a fun gun!

The downside, as I mentioned, was that I had to open up the rear sight considerably in order to see the front sight.

Salud!

eGG

Archived