SASS Wire Forum

Longer Barrelled 1911 45 ACP

Come On Christmas

I forget what his name is, but there was some Buck Rogers era super hero that had two Semi Autos he shot at his foes.

Is there such an animal?

Shameless

I forget what his name is, but there was some Buck Rogers era super hero that had two Semi Autos he shot at his foes.

Is there such an animal?

Shameless

The Phantom

As for the longslides, AMT made a long slide hardballer version, and Jim Clark Guns[Clark Custom Guns] in Louisiana still offers a longslide version of their 'Bullseye' pistol.

Tull

Yep! Its called a 1911 Long Slide and has a 6" barrel. I know Springfield Armory makes 'em and I'm sure there are others.

Yep! Its called a 1911 Long Slide and has a 6" barrel. I know Springfield Armory makes 'em and I'm sure there are others.

I thought someone made a 7" barrel and slide for a 1911A1. Not sure, aftermarket?

The longslide .45's used in The Phantom movie were supplied by armorer Allan Mowbray of Frontier ARMS CO Pty Ltd., in Adelaide, Australia, and were probably his design.

Though they have a remarkable resemblance to the early Jim Clark 'bowling pin' .45's from the late 70's.

Tull

Womanless Shame-manizer... hehehehe....

Here's mine... Heckle and Jeckle...

And I don't leave home without 'em....Me... back when I was a fat boy....

Them pistolas shoot a whole lot better than me... the added sight-radius is a fairly decent help....

ts

Them be nifty pistolas alright!

I am not womanless! I r married to Lady Jailbait.

Shameless

Yep. I've got a Springfield Longslide in .45 Super.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

I am not womanless! I r married to Lady Jailbait.

Shameless

I knowed it, Shameless... just raggin' on ya. At least you can back up yore name... way I been actin' lately... gonna change my name to Tennessee Geldin'...

ts

Archived