SASS Wire Forum

Mare's Leg: Will it ever be SASS legal?

Ben Bitten

How about a stage where ya shoot a judge .410 fer shotgun,

a mares laig 357 fer pistol

and a revolving rifle with shoulder stock?

Now that would be a fun stage.

Best

CR

Maybe ya could call it 'Weird Bunch"??

How about a stage where ya shoot a judge .410 fer shotgun,

a mares laig 357 fer pistol

and a revolving rifle with shoulder stock?

Now that would be a fun stage.

Best

CR

Maybe ya could call it 'Weird Bunch"??

I think you are missing the aspect of fidelity to known documented weapon types from reliable historical souces such as Friday night TV of the 50's.

The Boob Tube category should be shot with two Mare's legs as the rifle, two LeMats as pistols and an O/U shotgun ala Shotgun Slade. The fact that the O/U only has one shotgun barrel would be made up by the LeMats.

I think you are missing the aspect of fidelity to known documented weapon types from reliable historical souces such as Friday night TV of the 50's.

The Boob Tube category should be shot with two Mare's legs as the rifle, two LeMats as pistols and an O/U shotgun ala Shotgun Slade. The fact that the O/U only has one shotgun barrel would be made up by the LeMats.

Poppycock!

The rifle category must be Winchester 92 design/clone.

I just watched Fort Apache on dvd and all of the Indians were armed with Winchester 92's. All them Indians can't be wrong.

And don't forget the Rifleman used a 92.

;)

How can you shoot one "duelist". seems likeyou would need both hands on it to cycle the action.

You don't need two hands. Just flip cock it for each shot like the Rifleman and John Wayne did. Yes, I am being a bit sarcastic.

Siesta

44-40 Mares Leg

Siesta -

It is not as hard as it seems.

My girlfriend can 'spin cock' my JB Custom Gun Mares Leg with no problem at all, and got a coyote at about 65 yards this past August - on horseback.

That evening, my Mares Leg officially became HER Mares Leg.

Tull

I though I'd seen all of the Rifleman episodes.

But I guess I don't reccollect a mare's leg-type pistol.

MG

Don't forget the beginning of "Once Upon a Time in the West." Not sure how well the character's setup would work in real life...

As for the gun itself, I cannot think of a single practical use but I still can't wait to get my hands on one.

-Solo Sam

• 3 weeks later...

With all due respect to those who own them and at the risk of hijacking the thread, I too wonder what the point of this gun is? I was very disappointed at the story the American Rifleman did on it as at no time did the author suggest that this was a solution to a nonexistent problem (Sixgun, can't expect em to make the tits on a bull analogy in the magazine).

If you own one, please explain to me the value of such a critter.

Well, if "as useful as tits on a bull" was too offensive, they could have at least used "useful as goose crap on a pump handle".

Archived