SASS Wire Forum

Anyone making the Hand of God rig from 3:10 to Yuma

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

Just wondering if anyone is making the Hand of God rig. I know Will Ghormely is making one. I am looking to get a more authentic rig to play with and was wondering if anyone is making one in SASSland.

Ghormley HOG

You can't get it anymore authentic than this. Will is a true cowboy to ride with.

curley

HOG thread

the above link will take you to CasCitys leather forum and a thread discussing Wills patterns for the HOG. Several crafters have shown pix of their versions including one from Boothill Bob. take a look

curleyagain

Howdy Duece....

Go to the original maker...Mr. Will Ghormley. Will Ghormley is the original maker of the "Hand of God" rig...he designed and made most all of the leather for the movie 3:10 to Yuma, so you can't get any closer to the original. If not.... I also make these rigs which are made from a pattern as made by ...you guessed it...Will Ghormley..I have also come up with a cross draw version of the holster...alot of other pardners on the CAS City Leather Forum also can make this rig for you.... lot's of talent over there in that forum including Will Ghormley, Chuck Burrows (Wild Rose Trading Co.), and of course David Carrico, and occasionally Matt Whitaker (John Bianchi's Frontier Leather). You can go to the Cas City site and see photos of the expertly done rigs by the members....

Another good looking rig from the same movie is the "Flames of Hell" holster rig as worn by Charlie Prince (Ben Foster). Want one...call Will Ghormley or yours truly...happy to oblige you.

:)

I can't vouch for other leather smiths but I can vouch for Da Man mentioned by Manatee.....Curly Bill Kelly in Harriman, Tn.

He's made all my holsters.

Give me a shout and I'll give you his cell number, ifn you want to talk with him about it.

..........Widder

Sorry...I missed mentioning Curly Bill Kelly....but then again he is a competitor of mine...but still he is one fine cowboy and a very talented leathersmith :)

Widder,

I am surprised that you are not familiar with some of the names I posted before ( but then again you are not in the business so you may not have been familiar with the names). Will Ghormley did the leather for the latest version of "3:10 to Yuma", as well as The Assasination of Jesse James (with Brad Pitt). David Carrico did the leather for the movie Jona Hex and the latest version of "True Grit".

Sorry...I missed mentioning Curly Bill Kelly....but then again he is a competitor of mine...but still he is one fine cowboy and a very talented leathersmith :)

Widder,

I am surprised that you are not familiar with some of the names I posted before ( but then again you are not in the business so you may not have been familiar with the names). Will Ghormley did the leather for the latest version of "3:10 to Yuma", as well as The Assasination of Jesse James (with Brad Pitt). David Carrico did the leather for the movie Jona Hex and the latest version of "True Grit".

Howdy Outrider.

I'm alittle familar with Mr. Ghormley's name but I've never owned or used any of his leather nor knowingly seen any first hand. On the other hand, I've owned 4 sets of holster rigs from Curly Bill (sold one, lost one, and still use the other two).

It was one of Curly Bill rigs (SASS legal) that I used when setting the GF speed runs. It was his very own. Holds the pistols secure but very quick on the draw.

Let me also add that besides you and Curly Bill, we are also blessed in this area with the talented Anita Margarita. Its her beautiful art work that created my 'Widowmaker' belt.

I have seen your leather artistry and I must also say that it is first rate, beautiful work.

See you next weekend in Cleveland.

..........Widder

Give Skip a call at Maverick Leather, www.maverickleather.net He can do anything at a great price, top quality materials, and in a timely fashion.

Tennessee Deadeye

Widder,

Jesse Rig

This is my Jesse rig, made by Will Ghormley, Brad Pitt used it to prepare for the movie. (the movie rigs were darker and didn't have the makers mark on them.)

It is a cool conversation starter. Girls want to put them on..for some reason.

curley

Duece; Clean out your message center. Dang It Dan is trying to get ahold of you.

KK

Archived