SASS Wire Forum

The perfect cowboy..

Deja Vous

Now days I'd start by looking for a MAN! I see way to many in touch with their girly side guys, crying over everything. If it hurts suck it up and drive on be a MAN your lady can lean on. Just my 2 cents worth LOL.

So, are we talking the brokeback mountain DVD, and a bottle of wine? lol... My father is from the old school, he is a very tough guy.. but at times I put my arms around him and hug and and just hold on a bit longer cuz he needs it.. He is 92, and still a mans man. When I was a kid he taught me a lot, but he was not a forgiving soul if you messed up. Nowdays his heart is so fragile that I feel like a darn elephant in a chest of souls at time. I have seen the flash of pain in his eyes more than once. My sister had a stroke and the look on his face was dispair.. and yet he kept agreeing with me that she was tough and would be just fine.. And she is.. yeah, sure is is no longer perfect she can't do math.. but who cares.. the good parts are still there.. The parts that count to us, and her husband and her children and grandchild. At times the air I breath is a cold pain if that makes any sense? I am blessed that we have different mothers, and yet, I want her to have mine, not hers. Being a kid from a farm/ranch we were taught to not give up... my sister has not, my father at age 92 has not.. I can only hope I have the same, True Grit, as Wayne would say.. to be like them.. No matter what, we have been expected to suck it up, and keep focused on the best parts of life. The love, the laughter, the honestly in our family and our loved ones... God send me a winner of a father for sure..

Sara: Don't you want a woman of your own?

Hogan: What for?

Sara: To share your name, bear your children, be a companion.

Hogan: To ask me to quit drinking, quit gambling and save my money? And to bitch about her aches and pains all day? No thanks!

:rolleyes:

Chick

Rotfl.. stop it.. lol

I tried growing one of them things, but after six months...It did not look any better than it did at six weeks...Sad, very sad...Sideburns didn't grow any better...But I still have hair...Better than most out of my high school time...

Texas Lizard

You know TL I had the very same problems.. lol

Ummmm........Deja.....

I believe that maybe you were thinking you were posting this in the classified section? :huh:

But I could be wrong.....

Uh.. you mean this isn't the classified? Geesh.. you know that CRAZY BMC'C mislead me again.. I am so going to get even with him.. lol

To answer your request:

...be a man; strong, can be counted on to do what's right when no one is looking, his word is his bond, hard working, enjoy life as it presents itself, can count it all joy--the spirit inside--regardless of what's happening outside, respect those appointed over him, give of himself to others, put others ahead of himself, fear God, and love his woman.

Darn very well said.. Oks... course the reverse is true too isn't it?

When my grandfather died my grandmother called me to her side and told me she would now do things the way she wanted to do them. I was so shocked.. as I ask her,... but grandmother, you mean you lived against you heart for all those 65 years. She smiled and said, no.. I lived with my heart, your grandfather.. now I need to live for my heart because he wants me to.... And she did.. She was a strong woman... and he was a strong man... she did give her heart to him in that sort of biblical way.. but my grandfather never ever... did not think of her first before he made a move. Not something you find everyday..

perfect cowgirl??? hmmm.....look like Rocky Meadows...think like Deja...shoot like Holy Terror....ride like Morning Dove...and sew like Miss Tabitha....IMHO

Uh.. darn so I have to think.. I can't just shoot, have fun, and be silly? lol.. Rockys is a pretty woman.. but she is a good sweet soul too and I have grown to respect and love her on here and FB.. And might I just add that Rockys has natually I will never add, cuz I have no sense of bravery when it comes to needles.. lol Rockys is real, and very sweet.. Deja..

Since we have never met how'd you perfectly describe me? http://www.bnincustomers.com/~rloucks/

I can even say, "I'm sorry".

Mathews.. you are a true cowboy I have no doubt at all about that.. and your wife, girl friend is very lucky to have you.. now question.. the mustache wax or not? lol

Tough list. Good luck with it. :lol:

So, Okay.. fine.. Let me post for a gun.. lol

Hmmm...Deja wants to find the perfect cowboy. Yeah, and I want buns of steel too, but that ain't gonna happen either. :lol:

Buns of steel.. for the TROT??? lol.. funny... Well, darn someone has to be perfect..

Miz Deja, ma'am

1. Honest

2. Loyal

After that it is pretty much gravy. However In my opinion being a vet would be a plus, so would having a job, not being in debt. Having a lot in common is good but even more important, in my humble opinion, is being able to communicate openly with each other. Then all the trimmings like being a good shot, having his own horse and trailer, reloading, cooking. All those things would be in the plus column.

Minus column you ask?

Um..

ahh....

Think I had better stick to looking for the good things...

Soo... ah... cooking steak, peppers, onions and mushrooms or rice? lol.. In my humble opinions Mr. 50s... a man of God is at the top of the list... And yep, exactly right, there is no room for negative is there? Only for "tomorrow it will be better"./.. lol.. A glass full is better than a glass half full..

Thanks Ethans you play along very well.. I bet your wife taught ya, huh? loll She is so sweet btw..

She spent 26 years of marriage and a couple before that dating to get me trained this way!!

She spent 26 years of marriage and a couple before that dating to get me trained this way!!

So, I guess you two will not be at GBJL... lol.. I love to post this stuff before a shoot.... just my nature to play a bit with people.. lol Keeps then laughing, my mission in life.. lol wish you two would be there.. man it is so much fun.. Deja

Okay guys I need your help here.. I have ruled out he must smell worse than his horse.. lol

So, he has to look like Robert Duval or Sam Elliot or at least a cowboy.. a mustache would be nice...Has to have a huge sense of humor, Can at least stay in the same room with a cigar if not smoke one once i in a while. He needs to love guns, and gun safes.. and shooting... Be honest, God loving and and love our country and love all of the SASS friends... family is optional cuz he would have to put up with them anyhow.. lol Have to be nice and concerned about people and their safety. Has to vote right and love LEOS..

Just making l iist in case I ever have time to find a cowboy.. what else.. what do you think?

So . .you've gotten some input . .Show us your list Deja!

Your list - not a list of whats on this post.

We want to know - what do you want as your perfect cowboy?

SC

So . .you've gotten some input . .Show us your list Deja!

Your list - not a list of whats on this post.

We want to know - what do you want as your perfect cowboy?

SC

Shadows.. you really want the whole truth? lol..

Humor, honor, Loyalty to wife and kids<> A passion for animals, life, and people,. And love of our shooting sport, love of our nation and our freedoms , .. and someone who can accept me for who I am and who does not mind the fact that I simply accept them as they are. And I have to repeat, they accept me cuz I am silly and odd. .. lol

I know..tough bill... that and look like Sam Elliot or Robert Duval.. lol

Truth is Shaddows I post this prior to a huge shoot and camping out under the stars for a reason.. I want to meet everyone I can, but having them know I am crazy up front makes it easier for them to accept me as a pal.. lol Having someone in my life like you have would be wonderful, but it does not happen in the blink of an eye. So, for the one night rush to the whatevers that is not Cowboy to me. Passion is important, but humor is more so to me, always has been but never found it. Doesn't mean you have to be a laugh a minute but you have to see the world with rose colored glasses. You can fight for what you believe in but never stop laugjhing cuz you only go around once.. of course except for me, as I plan on living forever..

A cowboy does not have a certain look, he has a certain aura about him... Brad, my pal was a cowboy, thru and thru... and I have met a lot of them over the years. It is not easy to be one, but a lot of you guys pull it off very well.

You Shaddows would be a great blend of what a cowboy is.. you are unique, you love your wife, you have humor, passion, and yet a hint of masculine power not sure if that is the word or not. But a guy who knows himself and what he is good at I guess is the best way to describe it. You are one of the married guys on the board that I love reading your posts. I love faithful guys, dislike cheaters and one liners... And you Shaddows are not like that.. Your wife is lucky.. but so are you to have her...

I had the one huge love in my life, so if I never find another at least God gave me that. Had a mess up or two too.. lol.. I live with my morals in the past, my heart on my sleeve, and my sense of humor for today... A hard combination for anyones pallate I know that..

And God.. you have to love him.. too..

Shadows.. you really want the whole truth? lol..

Humor, honor, Loyalty to wife and kids<> A passion for animals, life, and people,. And love of our shooting sport, love of our nation and our freedoms , .. and someone who can accept me for who I am and who does not mind the fact that I simply accept them as they are. And I have to repeat, they accept me cuz I am silly and odd. .. lol

<SNIP>

I had the one huge love in my life, so if I never find another at least God gave me that. Had a mess up or two too.. lol.. I live with my morals in the past, my heart on my sleeve, and my sense of humor for today... A hard combination for anyones pallate I know that..

And God.. you have to love him.. too..

You're half way to finding the secret.

I know a friend who sat and dreamed of owning a red Ferrari, but he wanted a specific model, from a specific year,

and it had to be in a specific condition. He'd pray for it and pray for it, and pray for it.

When asked why he wanted it, his reply was that he had to commute to work everyday, and he wanted to do it in his

dream car, rather than walking, which took so long.

We finally convinced him to let the universe know he needed help, and would accept what was given on God's terms.

He had a car a few weeks later, not a Ferrari, but a good reliable ride. He still dreams of a Ferrari, but he

has a good ride everyday, his need was answered, his want is still an ongoing thing, but getting to be less important.

BTW - that was how I met my beautiful bride! When I stopped telling God my shopping list, and just let it be

known that I wanted his help, he gave me what I needed, and it is far better than what I wanted.

IRYHS,

Shadow Catcher

So, I guess you two will not be at GBJL... lol.. I love to post this stuff before a shoot.... just my nature to play a bit with people.. lol Keeps then laughing, my mission in life.. lol wish you two would be there.. man it is so much fun.. Deja

Hey Deja,

Crazy Cora and I will be off on a different adventure. Updates will follow.

You're half way to finding the secret.

I know a friend who sat and dreamed of owning a red Ferrari, but he wanted a specific model, from a specific year,

and it had to be in a specific condition. He'd pray for it and pray for it, and pray for it.

When asked why he wanted it, his reply was that he had to commute to work everyday, and he wanted to do it in his

dream car, rather than walking, which took so long.

We finally convinced him to let the universe know he needed help, and would accept what was given on God's terms.

He had a car a few weeks later, not a Ferrari, but a good reliable ride. He still dreams of a Ferrari, but he

has a good ride everyday, his need was answered, his want is still an ongoing thing, but getting to be less important.

BTW - that was how I met my beautiful bride! When I stopped telling God my shopping list, and just let it be

known that I wanted his help, he gave me what I needed, and it is far better than what I wanted.

IRYHS,

Shadow Catcher

God does have a way of taking care of stuff. He gave me a husband who was so funny, so sincere, so crazy sappy silly, passionate about life and friends as well as family, and so much in love with me that I knew we would last for ever. Course we did not, he passed away a long time ago. Your first blush is to be so angry at God for taking him from you. Then you suddenly realize how lucky you were to have perfection if only for a very short time. Was he perfect? LOL>. Yeah just like I am. His humor and his heart far out weighed anything bad about the man.

So, I would agree with you God does give you what you need, just not always as fast as you want it, so you try to force life and you mess up a bit. Thanks Shadows you have a nice heart...

Hey Deja,

Crazy Cora and I will be off on a different adventure. Updates will follow.

Oh, cool... I love surprises... now secrets they drive me a bit close to over the top.. lol

And I agree, the western way is willing to give your self, all of yourself for your loved ones. Before I came back out west I had to deal with Tornados. Out here JJJ's and I have discussed earthquakes and being ready and helping each other and my family and Peppers... The cowboys way of life is about being so darn honorable.. at times I worry that I can't be as tough as the rest of ya.. but I am trying...

Deja Dear,

I don't doubt your grit one little bit. ;)

Deja Dear,

I don't doubt your grit one little bit. ;)

Why thank you Marshal Phils... that is very sweet of you... I sure hope your right.

Oh, cool... I love surprises... now secrets they drive me a bit close to over the top.. lol

Hi Deja,

Cora and I were in Virginia and DC for a week visiting my cousins and uncle. We had a great time. I miss not getting to go to GBJL.

Anyhow, no secrets, I just don't publicly post when I will be out of town for 8 days.

Ethan

Hi Deja,

Cora and I were in Virginia and DC for a week visiting my cousins and uncle. We had a great time. I miss not getting to go to GBJL.

Anyhow, no secrets, I just don't publicly post when I will be out of town for 8 days.

Ethan

Just teasing.. lol... I hope you both had the best time.. I had so much fun at GBJL:,. JJJ"s even tried to teach me to dance,.. lol...

Hmmmmm..........this whole thing sounds a lot like me.......

........but I'm already spoken for..... :D

Deja, I must say that when Mama Taft and I got together I was no angel. I really can't speak as to the "training" that some say a wife will put on her man....I tend to think that the change in attitude from wild boy to respectful man comes from the man's wanting to provide the best life possible for his wife and kids.......

.....What I mean is......look for some good qualities......if he is a truly good man, he will mold the rest to fit you.

My wife decided long ago to not push for what she wanted but instead simply give me the best reasons possible to be a better man.

She's one smart gal!

My idea of the perfect woman.......I'm married to her.

~EE Taft~

Hmmmmm..........this whole thing sounds a lot like me.......

........but I'm already spoken for..... :D

Deja, I must say that when Mama Taft and I got together I was no angel. I really can't speak as to the "training" that some say a wife will put on her man....I tend to think that the change in attitude from wild boy to respectful man comes from the man's wanting to provide the best life possible for his wife and kids.......

.....What I mean is......look for some good qualities......if he is a truly good man, he will mold the rest to fit you.

My wife decided long ago to not push for what she wanted but instead simply give me the best reasons possible to be a better man.

She's one smart gal!

My idea of the perfect woman.......I'm married to her.

~EE Taft~

EE's you are a sweetie.. Truth is I am far to crazy by now for anyone to put up with me for very long... so I depend upon pals to keep me company, and family who have to pretend they like me. lol

There are tons of good people men and women out there. Not all the good ones are taken I am sure of that. A lot of them, like you are very lucky, and I am so happy for you ... Everyday I meet the nicest people. And everyday someone does something so darn nice for me that I can't believe I am so lucky as to have great people around me.

I think my first intentions were to find the right person this time, the guy who could put up with crazy me... Now, I find I enjoy the humor of this board and my friends and I accept life as it comes. And I have to realize I had one great love.

Like most people I have my problems. I am enjoying being able to talk and laugh, and at night when I close and lock my door I am not afraid in my own home. I dont have someone telling me I am messing everything up, or checking the odometer on my car, or yelling in my face ..

Dad raised me to honor men, and women, and I do... the fear part was a surprise I never counted on.. Having that in my background makes me a bit less than interesting as a date... lol... I mean really who wants to date someone who straps on their guns to go out? lol

No one is an angel EE.s.. I work very hard at being what God wants me to be, and I mess it up all the time. Having your wife has helped you become who you wanted to be. And I think that is so cool.. Do I wish I had it, well, duh>>> lol.. But if I don't.. then I can feel the sweetness of it all in your posts and I am cool with that.. Cuz daddy raised smart girls with passion.. not pretty ones with barbies lives. I enjoy what others have, I do not have green envy.. lol... Okay, fine maybe a bit turquoise.. lol

Archived