SASS Wire Forum

HELUVA RUKUS Stage Video's 2 to 10

JamesSamuelPike

Here are a few videos from "HELUVA RUKUS" the New York State Championship shot this past weekend. Like has been said before in other posts this is one finely run match.Its a run and gun club, "DOWNRANGE" movement. Stages are designed with the shooter in mind. There is an even number of lefty and righty friendly stages. Nine of the ten stages were gunfighter friendly. Target distances were various and ranged from 12 x 12 to 36" round plates. There were two movers and a bunch of options on how to shoot the stages. Everything was hit able. And the props you have to see them for yourself!!! I will try and post more stages later in the week.

Congrats to all the NYS category winners

Overall Top Male Shooter, and still has time to make videos!!! That is how fast he shoots!! :lol: :lol:

Well, Tom, when Pike shoots, he has about 44 minutes, 45 seconds a stage to do vids, posse chores, etc, and 15 seconds to shoot..... :)

Seriously, we were graced with some fantastic competitition and a lotta FUN shooting. Only 51 weeks till HR12 and the core group is already started figuring out how to make things even more fun next year. We truely are blessed to have em. :)

Very nice stages. I really like Stage 3 with the shotgun targets in the doorways and the rifle knockdowns. You don't see those very ofter here, nice touch.

Well done!

:FlagAm:

Very nice stages. I really like Stage 3 with the shotgun targets in the doorways and the rifle knockdowns. You don't see those very ofter here, nice touch.

Well done!

:FlagAm:

I'll tell ya a little secret about stage 3. We've been doing HR a long time, and we've built a lot of stage sets over the years. Some of the early ones we learned to HATE because they were built to last, that is to say they are HEAVY beyond belief. As we got both wiseer and older, many with bad backs, knees, etc, the props got lighter and the old ones rarely came out of the barn. So this year, somebody decided we'd set up a stage or two with the targets INSIDE the buildings, and when the smoke cleared, the remaining props would be given a proper funeral on the burn pile. That's how we got stage 3.

Archived