SASS Wire Forum

I made a presentation case for my Uberti Schofield Today

Colt Faro, SASS #54579

Howdy folks I was just playing around today in the workshop and made this presentation case. It was easy to do and I think it came out good for my first stab at this. What do you think?

http://youtu.be/_uITuEIBdPo?hd=1

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uITuEIBdPo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I used 3M spray adhesive and sprayed it on the foam. Then I pushed it into the where the gun goes first then put the gun in and stretched and smoothed it down. I then stapled the rest on the bottom of the foam. After that just applied glue to inside of the box and placed the covered foam into the box and let it dry. That was it.

Hope this helps

Colt

Yep Chick you may need to be doing one for a Buntline. Right? The fact is I already had the letters and I thought since they are chrome they went well with that shiny gun. It was a good way to fill the space. You could also do a wood block for bullets or cleaning rod etc. But I thought this kinda personalized it for me.

I used 3M spray adhesive and sprayed it on the foam. Then I pushed it into the where the gun goes first then put the gun in and stretched and smoothed it down. I then stapled the rest on the bottom of the foam. After that just applied glue to inside of the box and placed the covered foam into the box and let it dry. That was it.

Hope this helps

Colt

Yes it did Colt, I am use to working with wood and metal and often forget about the flexibility and stretch of fabric

Very cool! I have an old wooden box that originaly held two bottles of wine. I have been using for cleaning supplies but now I have a whole new idea!! Thanks for showing it.

No problem at all. Good luck with your project!!!

Oh yes I forgot to say in the video. I actually bought the box at Hobby Lobby. They have a pretty good selection there of different styles and sizes They had them on sale for 1/2 price this one had been $25.00 and I got it for $12.50. About $8.00 for the fabric with enough left to do 2 more and a chunk of 2 inch high density foam for another $8.00 the spray glue I already had. Another $8.00 for letters. So I had about $36.00 in the entire project. It only took about 30 minutes to complete.

Archived