SASS Wire Forum

Black Hills Leather

Buck D. Law, SASS #62183

A bit over six years ago when getting started playing cowboy, I pondered and pondered what I would like and finally decided on a particular rig offered by Black Hills Leather. When I called to order it, I found myself talking to the man himself, Rudy Lozano. I told him what I wanted and went on to say that I liked most things about the rig except it would be nice if this was different or that was added. Every time I'd say what I liked, Rudy would say, "I can do that." After asking for a number of things, I figured I'd better ask how much it was running up my tab. The answer ultimately was none. If it was listed on the web site as an option (steel inserts, fancy buckles, etc), of course I expected to pay for it and did, but if it was something I thought would be nice (an example was having holes punched in my bullet loops), it ended up being free. He even threw in some extra conchos I wanted...even though they are listed as extra on the web site.

Well, a few weeks ago I decided that I was going to have the one thing done to my holsters that six years ago I did not know I wanted (buckled tie-downs). I called up Rudy and asked him how much and told him I didn't need to be without them for long. He told me a price including the return shipping, said he'd keep them a couple-three days and I sent them off.

Since it's a good ways to Laredo, TX from here, a few days after shipping them, I decided to check to see if they had arrived. When I asked the young lady who answered the phone if they had arrived, she told me to hold on. I thought uh-oh. Next thing I knew, Rudy was on the phone telling me that he had discovered that the lining in my holsters were worn to the point that they were about to reveal the inserts and that it would take a few days longer to reline them. Again, I'm thinking uh-oh. "What is that going to cost?" I asked. The answer was nothing. I got my holsters back today and they look brand spanking new. In fact, upon close inspection, I'm not sure they are not just that, brand new.

I almost forgot, I had mentioned that I had lost a screw (similar to a Chicago screw) out of Sugah's rig. He sent me seven. Talk about going above and beyond anything I would EVER expect a vendor to do. Yessir, I'm a big fan.

Yep we've got 2 rigs from him both top notch!

He's also making a holster for a gun that no one else makes. When he Called I figured a "Sorry no can do", instead was that with or without a rail?

Rudy has made 7 rigs for me. All are 1st class. Rudy says what he'll do and does what he says and always goes the extra mile.

Ghost

You guys know how I feel. I've got 3 rigs plus a Wild Bunch rig and they are top notch. My main rig is 4 years old and is still running strong. If it can be done to a rig....Rudy can and will do it and will deliver when he says...you can't ask for more.

http://www.bhlstore....?file=BH470.jpg My first rig

http://www.bhlstore....sp?file=bhb.jpg Second rig

http://www.bhlstore....ruptkarl500.jpg Match rig

http://www.bhlstore.com/shop/imageview.asp?file=1911-400.jpg Wild bunch rig

Rudy will go the extra mile +1 to what Buck said.

KK

I just got my second rig from Rudy. Actually, just a couple more holsters to re-complete a rig I already had. I am beyond satisfied with the quality and attention to detail he puts into his leather. Although it had been a couple years since I ordered the original rig, these new holsters matched the original belt perfectly! He says he'll do it and then he goes and does it better than I anticipated. :D The price is right, the product is way beyond right.

Another happy customer, Rudy! Thanks thanks thanks!

Dan

Rig

Holsters

Single holster

Steel and leather

I purchased my first rig from El Paso Leather and still have it as it is a nice rig. When I changed over from 45 Colt to 44-40 I decided that I wanted a new rig. I contacted Rudy and he was very helpful,almost to the point that I could not believe how nice this guy is. I explained that I was trying to lose some weight to help out my diabetes and bad back and I was not sure about buying a new rig. Rudy said to order the rig and he would make it to where he could take it up at a later date. Well I lost the weight and my holster was falling. I sent it to Rudy and it was back in the the time of about eight days. Very fast service. Rudy will always receive my leather work.

I just got my second rig from Rudy. Actually, just a couple more holsters to re-complete a rig I already had. I am beyond satisfied with the quality and attention to detail he puts into his leather. Although it had been a couple years since I ordered the original rig, these new holsters matched the original belt perfectly! He says he'll do it and then he goes and does it better than I anticipated. :D The price is right, the product is way beyond right.

Another happy customer, Rudy! Thanks thanks thanks!

Dan

Rig

Holsters

Single holster

Steel and leather

Nice lookin rig...you inspired me...I went back and posted my photos.

KK

Archived