SASS Wire Forum

SHOOTOUT AT PAWNEE STATION 2011! VIDS now up!

Grizzly Dave

Just got home from Shootout at Pawnee Station 2011, what a wonderful match!

The stages were great, thanks Colorado Half Breed!

The match ran very smoothly thanks to Red River Wrangler and his crackerjack team of Pawnee Station Vindicators, thanks all!

And thanks to Posse 3, you folks are the greatest as seemed to be evidenced in the awards!

It was hot and humid and during the Saturday main match stages I was wilting BIG TIME. My wonderful posse mates kept an eye on me and even brought me ice cold gateraid to drink, thanks Wolf Bane! Today I did better with the heat, and remembered my own gateraid, and they still took great care of me, Indiana Jackson, first place in Cowgirl BTW, would bring me a handful of ice each time she went to her cart, thanks Indiana! And even a pardette from another posse stopped by and poured some nice cool water down my back, thanks Dizzie Lizzie!

I'll update this post with videos after I get them uploaded. Not as many as normal as the camera batteries died on the second stage of day 1, and to limit my time running around in the sun today I took only one or two a stage, but I did draft a few volunteer camera operators to add a couple more than that.

How did I do? Well, I lost the Cowboy category by "that" much to Cobra Cat, the overall match winner. and a bunch of others...

Grizz

Videos are now uploaded and available for your viewing pleasure. You can find the playlist

As always, I apologize if I forgot or didn't know your name, or just flat got it wrong, please let me know and I will fix it.

If you shoot with me some time in the future and would a video of you shooting, please let me know and I'll do my best to take one.

On the other hand, if you would prefer not to have a video of you shooting, let me know that as well and I will do my best not to take any. No promises though, I am a child of the 60s and am down to my last few brain cells.

Hope you enjoy the vids.

Grizz

Grizzly Dave...

This may help you out on the video ID's

#4 Think this and #20 are of Scarlet Rebel

#5 Desert Eagle

#6 and #23 are of Henrietta Ellis

#19 is of D.W. Willie

Was a pleasure shootin' with ya'... Kid Bucklin

Grizz,

As always great shooting with you!!!! We had a great time!!!!!!

That last one is Cool Hand Cos for your videos. Have not had a chance to watch them yet!

We had lots of awards on our posse that is for sure! :)

Painted Filly

Yep - another great job by CO Halfbreed for the stage writing, Badger for another great MainStreet stage,

Red River & the tireless Capt Jack & the rest of the setup crew who work very hard to make everybody welcome & insure a great annual. I had a great shoot this year, shot clean - well, except for that pesky minor safety I managed to earn on the last stage. Seems like ya gots to pay attention thru ALL the stages. :(:(:( Anyway, a whole bunch of thanks to posse 6 and all the Pawnee Vindicators.

Very WELL DONE !

I have to say I enjoyed it all too. But especially the Tog Gun Shoot off With Cobra Cat against Etta & Mae. That was the BEST!!!!!!!! If you did not see the tog gun you missed a great shoot off!

Painted Filly

Wonderful match! And Posse 3 was a classic good 'un! Thanks to everyone on the posse and our great posse leader Chino, who managed to keep all the cats herded up.

Also, congratulations to not only all the match winners, but a special one to Indiana Jackson, who has just completed a spectacular season!

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

Dave, great videos as always.

I always enjoy seeing other clubs, other shooters, other target layouts on video.

I always see things that I need to work on or practice and I always see ideas to steal... um, I mean borrow for the matches I write.

And I always appreciate seeing the shooter and targets in the same frame for reference to speed and distance.

Thanks for the kind words Creeker, I'm working on my camera technique, I try to get the stage layout before the first shooter for a stage, but the videos seem to upload in reverse order sometimes.

It can be a challenge to get a good angle, stay in a safe place, and out of the way of the shooter and RO all at the same time.

It was really a great match. Word is that before next years they are going add a couple of bays for a total of ten and go to a ten stage main match over two days, thus accommodating about double the number of shooters. Shootout at Pawnee Station has been selling out every year with little or no publicity, and it will be great to be able to talk it up and draw in more folks to play cowboy with.

Grizz

Thanks Grizzly for all your hard work....love the videos! And I'm right there with you...it wasn't one of my best shoots (went to rack & ruin on day 2...Oh Well!!)....but our posse (That would be Posse 3...Badger!!!) was the greatest!!!!!

Always have a great time at Pawnee Station!!!

It was great shooting with you and Wrangler. When I signed up for the match, I put in to posse with "Good looking and fun loving wimmins" and they sure met my request! Posse 3 was GREAT!

I loved shooting with everyone on Posse 3. We sure did have a great time and a hard working posse!

See you Friday Filly and hope to see you Saturday grizz!

Painted Filly

Archived