SASS Wire Forum

Just picked up a 93/97. Nice Gun

Well, I recently picked up a brand new IAC 93/97 shotgun. (Yes, I know they are not SASS Legal. That topic has been done to death. No need to restart it here.) I have to say that I find it to be a very well made gun. Smooth action right out of the box, comparable to my 2 orignal 97's. Looking it over, I can see why it is called a "93/97" as it has some features that the original 93's did not, but that 97's do. All in all a very nice gun, and I am gald I picked one up. Even if I can never find a club that'll let me use it at local level shoots, it's nice to have as a way to round out a "Winchester" collection. My ultimate goal is to have an example of every Winchester repeater made in the 1800's, starting with the Henry. Originals when I can locate and afford, reproductions when I can't.

This brings me one step closer to the goal. :)

Well, I recently picked up a brand new IAC 93/97 shotgun. (Yes, I know they are not SASS Legal. That topic has been done to death. No need to restart it here.) I have to say that I find it to be a very well made gun. Smooth action right out of the box, comparable to my 2 orignal 97's. Looking it over, I can see why it is called a "93/97" as it has some features that the original 93's did not, but that 97's do. All in all a very nice gun, and I am gald I picked one up. Even if I can never find a club that'll let me use it at local level shoots, it's nice to have as a way to round out a "Winchester" collection. My ultimate goal is to have an example of every Winchester repeater made in the 1800's, starting with the Henry. Originals when I can locate and afford, reproductions when I can't.

This brings me one step closer to the goal. :)

+1 I have 3 of 'em.

Fillmore

I have one and really like it, as said well made, works great and is a awesome house gun (and at the time they were dirt cheap)! I have used it in a mothly WB match. Of course I could not leave well enough alone so I put in screw in chokes and polished it a little.:blush:

I have one and use it nearly every weekend. The local folks know that it has no competitive advantage, especially in my hands.

(It quite handy for modification of props by a clumsy cowboy carpenter like my self)

You will love it. Shoot it and enjoy it.

Olen

Archived