SASS Wire Forum

Midway USA -- Thumbs Up Service

I really hate to get a shipment and find something broken. I wrote Midway customer service and stated the item I received was broken. They did not ask for me to return the broken item, they simply apologized for my inconvenience, and stated here is the tracking number for your replacement item. 'nuf said...

They are the tops when it comes to service. I sometimes find it hard to search for stuff on their site, but I'll Google search it instead and just pick the one with the Midway address. Works like a champ. Smithy.

LOVE MIDWAY, except for one thing. Thier shipping charges are a little on the high side. Most times I look at what I will save if I buy it at Midway (add in the shipping) , then check the local stores for the same item. Usually i will find the local stores overall are the better way to go. I will only go to Midway if I can't find something in town.

As a side note, i went to the local post office to ship a package. I thought I could save some money by puying a box, putting a label on it and just sending it. Turns out after you buy the box, and the tape, and the label and the postage, it's cheaper to go the way of the priority bulk boxes. It's cheaper and it gets there faster. I wish midway would look into this.

...it's cheaper to go the way of the priority bulk boxes. It's cheaper and it gets there faster. I wish midway would look into this.

Yup. Because of their shipping, I usually wait until I need several items before ordering from them.

I like many

really like to save $$$

however

when every Midway is just a tadd bit higher then other on line sites

I still buy

Midway

they sponsor the cowboy show, and that aint cheap

just look at how tupelo dresses, that gotta bee big $$$$$

LOL,LOL,LOL

folks

I have shot with him many times

he rocks

I had the same experience with them on two different orders. Once they sent me a Wilson 1911 beaver tail safety that someone already boogered up on a failed fit job. Another time I ordered some of there plastic loading blocks and two of them were warped and spun on my bench like a top. They just said keep the items and new perfect ones were sent out in a jiffy. Two tumbs up for Midawys customer service...

I love Midway; it is my go-to online supplier for gun gear. There shipping is kind of high, so I always wait until there are a number of items that I need to order (which usually doesn't take long :)).

I once orders some scope rings from Midway, then shortly after I realized that I had ordered the wrong height. I called them about two hours after placing the order, and was told that the order had already shipped. I explained to the customer service agent that I was hoping to shoot that weekend and didn't want to wait on the order to exchange the rings. She sent out the correct size rings in the mail no charge and just asked that I mail the others back when my main order arrived. I ended up getting the replacement rings a day before my main order!

Plus, they give me a dealer discount for having a C&R license.

I order a lot of my reloading equipment and assorted shooting stuff through them, and they are super on the customer service side. Another thing I've gotten in the habit of doing -- I get their monthly circular and on page 2 (just inside), they normally have a bunch of what I'd call knick-knack stuff on sale really cheap. When I place an order for something I really need, I often add a few knick-knack things that are on sale in the circular. For instance, I got a large can (16 oz?) of Ballistol for a couple of bucks and 3 large bottles of Hoppes #9 for $1.95 (I think) each and just threw it on top of the order I already intended to place.

Chick

Archived