SASS Wire Forum

Commerative Rugers

Mustang Gregg

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Anybody know just how big of an order it would take for Ruger to a make a "commerative" model?

I have been unable to find out so far. No one at RGR is getting back to me about it.

I have spoken to Sig and Para Ordnance. And they are very willing to do some with a 25 gun minimum. And I reckon we would have at least 50 guns to order.

Rather have Rugers,

Mustang Gregg

Anybody know just how big of an order it would take for Ruger to a make a "commerative" model?

Mustang Gregg, what were you thinking of having them do? Smithy.

Ruger only sells through distributors. Call Davidson's. Davidson's is one of the largest Ruger distributors, they get lots of special models from Ruger and is actually housed in Ruger's old plant in Prescott.

Gregg, don't know the exact answer but ... in 2000, Ruger made a special run of 2000 OM RVSSBH, 45 Colts with 4 5/8" barrels for a distributor in Ohio. Don't know where they all went to because it took me 2+ years to find a pair from 2 different retailers. Have a letter from Ruger supporting the production run

Yep. I talked to Davidsons this morning. They had NO idea.

And I will call Lipseys next.

Thanks, Pards,

MG

Thanks, men! I just got official word that the minimum from Ruger would be 500.

Since what we want are .45 ACP 1911's----Ruger will not be able to fill the bill.

They cannot get the regular production guns out quick enough.

BTW--Neither can Colt at this time.

We are now looking at the High Standard 1911 GI models.

I never got a response from Springfield just yet. I was also told that the SA guns have "Phillipines" stamped the frame. I do have one in stock, but I am at Ft Hood awaiting deployment and I can't lay eyes one it.

Anyone know for sure?

MG

Archived