SASS Wire Forum

slam fire causes

Trigger Mike

Earlier a pard asked about the Chiappa arms, and I mentioned mine and how I like their 22 1911. I also mentioned how it had to slam fired when I chambered a round. What would cause this and how can I prevent it?

Earlier a pard asked about the Chiappa arms, and I mentioned mine and how I like their 22 1911. I also mentioned how it had to slam fired when I chambered a round. What would cause this and how can I prevent it?

I'm a bit confused by your phrasing there. You put a loaded magazine in, release the slide and it slam fires?

My guess, if that is the case, is that there is crud in the firing pin channel holding the firing pin forward.

Does the slam-fired case have a firing pin mark?

IF, YES the hammer is bounching off the sear.

IF,NO it could be from to little clearence of the breach and the slide(headspace)when the round goes into the chamber.

I have seen semi-auto .22's "pinch" fire due to this.

Cheers,

LG

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life
slam fire causes

Number 1 cause...

Slammin'.

(joshin')

ts

I would think if it was a "pinch fire " it would happen regulary , but due to mfg. tolerances it could be a viable cuase .

There was relly not enough info posted to make an educated guess . That is why the WAG , being the most likely cuase .

When you have it checked out , Please post what the problem was .

CB

I would think if it was a "pinch fire " it would happen regulary , but due to mfg. tolerances it could be a viable cuase .

There was relly not enough info posted to make an educated guess . That is why the WAG , being the most likely cuase .

When you have it checked out , Please post what the problem was .

CB

I may shoot it first to see the brass and how it looks. The dealer I got it from who has a smitty is hard to get to right now due to construction.

Archived