SASS Wire Forum

Winchester rebate

I know that to claim the $2/bx rebate, you have to send the original cash register receipt, UPC code from the ammo, and the rebate request form.

My question is, if you purchased a case of ammo, and the register receipt indicates you purchased a case, can you send them the UPC code off the case, instead of cutting the UPC code off of each of the ten boxes in the case? Definitely less trouble, but I don't want them sending back a request for the code off of each box if the case UPC code is unacceptable.

If you've had experience with this rebate program... especially if you successfully submitted the UPC code from the case... please let me know.

Thanks!

Regards, TJH

Tex.

Couple years ago, I went through the same thing with Remington. Had to cut the UPC code off all 10 boxes. Pain in the butt, but in about 6 weeks I got a check for $20.00. Good luck and good shootin.

Irish Tom.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

I know that to claim the $2/bx rebate, you have to send the original cash register receipt, UPC code from the ammo, and the rebate request form.

My question is, if you purchased a case of ammo, and the register receipt indicates you purchased a case, can you send them the UPC code off the case, instead of cutting the UPC code off of each of the ten boxes in the case? Definitely less trouble, but I don't want them sending back a request for the code off of each box if the case UPC code is unacceptable.

If you've had experience with this rebate program... especially if you successfully submitted the UPC code from the case... please let me know.

Thanks!

Regards, TJH

Taxes Jim...

Two years ago... I bought two cases and the instructions were clear that the UPC codes had to come off each, separate box...

So's I sent in 20 of 'em. If ya do it right... the boxes are still good to hold the shells.

BTW... they sent me a $40 "debit" card... that I could use buy anything... even a good-used, but cheap, brothel babe.

ts

I have sent the one off the case and got the rebate both times.20.00 each time.

Last year I bought 5 cases of WW shot shells. The directions stated that the code must be sent from each box not the case. I used an xacto knife to cut the codes from each box. You do not have to remove the shells from the box and the box is still usable. In less than an hour I had all the codrs removed. Not bad to get $100 back. A few years back I was able to send the codes from the case. But I guess they figured that some would send the case codes and then the box codes to get a double rebate.

Just got my $100 rebate check a couple of days ago. Sent in the UPC code from the cases with the supporting documentation.

So, the answer is a definite YES!

(Even sent a printout of the receipt as I did not recieve an original from the supplier.)

The directions from the Winchester AA rebate form say, "INCLUDE THE ORIGINAL UPC CODES. Include the original UPC Codes cut from the ammunition purchased. Photocopies will not be accepted." So it would appear - at least this time around - that they aren't differentiating between the box code and the case code. I figure if my receipt shows the purchase of a case, then the case UPC code should suffice. I did purchase another case today, but since someone had already removed the case UPC code, I had the clerk ring up the sale as 10 individual boxes.

Tennessee Stud - You do know how to crack me up, pard. Your description seemed a little redundant, as I would assume all brothel babes are "used." :rolleyes:

Ambush - I'm sure you meant to be helpful, but ???

PBT - That's the answer I was looking for! Was it the Winchester or Remington rebate?

Tin Ear - Since they require the original register receipt, I don't think "double dipping" would be possible.

I did think it was strange that - after going to the Winchester website - that I couldn't find a number that I could call to get info straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Thanks to all who responded.

Regards, TJH

I did 50 last year, and am about to send another 50 this year. If'n I could find someone that had ANY of the green STS I would do up to 50 of them. But all I can find are the gold 'Handicap' or 'Sporting Clays'. OUCH!!!!

I can't believe that you are SOOOO busy you can't take the time to cut 20 or 30 boxes. ;) Somebody asked me what I was doing, sitting on the back of my truck at Ormsby. I cut another one out in about 15 seconds and replied "Earning two dollars!" Bought one of those razor knives that you can adjust the cut depth of(actually it was a two pack for $1.00 at the, you guessed it, Dollar Store).

Tell you what Jim, I'll cut them out for you and split the rebate right down the middle. You rich guys kill me! :blink:

Wal-Mart here has the STS's

Not to hijack my own thread (I think Goody has already done that?!?), Jack, but do they have the STS Light Target shells? The Academy Sport I went to today for the Double A's had some STS Target, and the ones Goody mentioned, but no STS Light Target. Fortunately, I still have a pretty good supply.

I've never seen STS Light Target loads at the Walmart I go to, but I'm tempted to try what I read recently about taking an empty box to the store so they can scan it and order what I want.

Regards, TJH

Going to be buying several cases tomorrow of Remingtons....will have about $3.50 per box invested by the time I get the rebate and then sell the empties. Can't beat that.The Wal-Mart I am going to has cases of Remington STS or Winchester AA.

Archived