SASS Wire Forum

Elizabeth Taylor

Rye Miles #13621

Ms. Taylor died at 79, beautiful lady and an icon in Hollywood. She will be missed. Rest in peace.

OMG, talk about the epitome of GAWGEOUS! Don't know if she was that lovely personally as I didn't know her, but I hope and want to believe that she was! Gosh, even in her later years she was just, well, GAWGEOUS!!! Another one of the glamorous, Golden era, of Hollywood gone. Well, I might cause a stir, but there are few ladies in the biz today to rival her....

Velvet

Ms. Taylor died at 79, beautiful lady and an icon in Hollywood. She will be missed. Rest in peace.

National Velvet and Virginia Wolff.. she was epic.. but I wish she was not married so many times.. geesh.. prertty lady and a lot of talent..

Beautiful Lady. I don't think that she had ever made any Cowboy movies, but she was a Cowgirl in her heart. Regardless of what you were accused of, she always stood by her friends.......... Regardless.........

Deja, I WANT to believe that she believed in love. She has always said that Richard Burton was "it," they just couldn't get personal and professional together. (Bless her heart, I would become a hermit for Headstone!) But she kept searching for love. You really have to simultaneously feel sorry for such an amazingly beautiful, wealth, and talented woman who just couldn't find the simple happiness with her soul mate that so many of us have done.

I both admire, and pity her at the same time. But one can't deny that she was GAWGEOUS!!!! I have her hair and skin, but have darker, green eyes. My Mom had her coloring and could wear her eye makeup. Tried it once, every one asked if I had been crying (makeup bled), or my brother told me to go wash my face cause I looked like a....

Anyhoo, what looked elegant and seductive on her, looked like trailer trash on me. Never tried THAT again! I hope she found love somewhere in her earthly life. I LOVED her in "Cleopatra," "National Velvet," and my FAVORITE was "Elepant Walk"! She, like equally beautiful Vivian Leigh, had her demons. I just hope she defeated them and had peace before she passed!

Velvet

Met her at a political fund-raiser when she was married to Sen. Warner. Even in severe pain she was a gracious hostess.

The word legend is bandied about to anyone with even a modicum of fame or notoriety. But if anyone ever deserved the title of legend it was Ms. Taylor. She was sui generis. RIP Maggie The Cat.

Archived