SASS Wire Forum

Dry Wall... lol

Deja Vous

tonight I helped sand a small section of drywall.. and I am WHITE for once .. lol.. No sunblock needed.. lol Anyhow.. the best part is... when I got hom I was covered of course in the white powder stuff, and I really needed a shower.. My water heater is not working.. lol.. Nothing like a cold shower... oh man it was so darn cold. I think the hair on my arms stood up and is still standing.. lol.. Probably will be until it sees the sun again.. lol. But it was fun, and the night was well spent with a sweet person.. I didn't do a world class job, I am not a contractor, but thanks Dad for teaching me so many skills. He had a 24 unit apartment and several houses in Redondo Beach when I was about 12 after he sold the farm and moved west. So, in the summers I had a job.. lol.. Spending my time with him was all that counted back then, and what I learned was a just a simple bonus. BRRRR.. Okay.. turning my heat up.. lol

The white stuff, I take it you don't sniff...As for the water heater, pay some one to change it...As for cold shower well just shower with a friend... Get done in half the time...

Texas Lizard

I have been there and done that dry wall sanding...I learned one thing it don't matter how well you cover it or block doors...It will get to everything...Some times a big fan pulling the dust out a window will help some...

The white stuff, I take it you don't sniff...As for the water heater, pay some one to change it...As for cold shower well just shower with a friend... Get done in half the time...

Texas Lizard

I have been there and done that dry wall sanding...I learned one thing it don't matter how well you cover it or block doors...It will get to everything...Some times a big fan pulling the dust out a window will help some...

Yeah, well that is the truth.. I was covered in the white stuff.. and the house was too.. lol. Shower with a friend, uh.. Rats like a warm shower she says but thank you very much.. lol.

Little lady you are up late...

Texas Lizard

Not really.. it is early someplace isn't it? lol.. My hair is still drying... lol

Dry Wall . . . :angry: I hate the stuff. . . . but have patched and fixed plenty of it. . . and got reasonably good at patching and fixing it. -_-

Deja . . git that place to fix the water heater . . is it one for your unit ? or for the entire building ?

So... the landlady says they fixed it... the darn thing makes a lot of noise so I am sure it will stop again soon.. lol.. She will find me in her shower next time.. lol A cold shower at night is a not a good thing..

I helped a buddy of mine drywall his fixer upper house a few years ago and did some drywalling at my own house a long time ago, hated it then and still hate it. It is a good feelin when yer done, did ya wear a drywall mask???:)

I hate dry wall, and I suck at it, I proved to myself I could do a good job, once, but I am not patient enough to do a good job at it, much easier to hire it done.

Don't know how many times I've convinced myself that texture and paint will "cover that" and been proven wrong.

Archived