SASS Wire Forum

Taylor's Firearms question

Flat Iron Fred

Has anyone else on the wire ordered a gun from Taylor's and have a longer than usual wait? I ordered a 5.5" 357 cal revolver and requested the charcoal blue finish on it. I ordered it in March! It's almost Jan. and I still don't have it. The first time we called they said they were waiting on lots of orders from Italy and that the plant was shut down for a month. Next call said the revolver was done but the finish wasn't. Next call was told they were checking on it etc. Anyone else waiting?

I hate to break the news to you but I just received my twin 1875 Remington Outlaws in 44/40 nickel plated and the total time was 16 months. It was well worth the wait now that I have them.

Good luck and all I can tell you is that it will be awhile.

Italy takes the month of September off supposedly. What is wrong with this picture? How about the good ole US of A doing that?

Zeb

Yeah, what Zeb said. The Italians work at their own pace. For instance, Uberti makes a batch of 357's, then a batch of 44-40's, then a batch of 45's, etc. It is what it is. Don't blame Taylor's/

Has anyone else on the wire ordered a gun from Taylor's and have a longer than usual wait? I ordered a 5.5" 357 cal revolver and requested the charcoal blue finish on it. I ordered it in March! It's almost Jan. and I still don't have it. The first time we called they said they were waiting on lots of orders from Italy and that the plant was shut down for a month. Next call said the revolver was done but the finish wasn't. Next call was told they were checking on it etc. Anyone else waiting?

The more unusual the gun ordered is the more unlikely it will be in stock. With the various options available we are bordering on custom gun work. None of the importers can afford to keep the multiple options in the multiple caliber in stock. Neither do the Makers. At this time Uberti is the only maker that offers these varied options. So, what you are getting is basically a custom order gun. Custom and right now is a contradiction in terms.

Yeah, what Zeb said. The Italians work at their own pace. For instance, Uberti makes a batch of 357's, then a batch of 44-40's, then a batch of 45's, etc. It is what it is. Don't blame Taylor's/

And don't even think about Italian parts! I have Pedersoli firing pins on backorder from VTI for more than a year. They still haven't gotten a shipment.

In addition to Uberti taking a month off during the summer (I thought it was August) they're also updating their prices. What that means is that even if they had the gun ready, they wouldn't ship it until all the price adjustments had been made. I had to order a new barrel for one of my pistols plus my wife and I both ordered new rifles, all of these got hung up in the time off/price adjustment black hole.

But like Zeb said, they're well worth the wait. The folks at Taylor's are fantastic to deal with but, they can't speed up the supplier. :FlagAm:

Another vote for Taylors. I called em to get a pair of 44Spec cylinders for the Smokewagons and had forgot about them a couple of months later when I got a call saying they were in and ready to ship. Tammy and crew are great folks to work with.

Please don't misunderstand my post as a slam on Taylor's, I have purchased from them before and had no problems. I was just wondering if anybody was waiting a while for an order. My last pair from them was also a custom finish and custom grips and it didn't take nearly as long. Thanks for the replies & have a Merry Christmas.

Archived