SASS Wire Forum

Need Some Black Powder

Savvy Jack SASS#76698

I do not need 25 cases, just two pounds of GoexFFF and Swiss FFF. Anyone around Valdosta have any to spare? I can get the 25lbs for $498 but that is just way too much for now. I'd never use it all.

HOWEVER, if someone around here wants to pitch in then we can work out a deal.

I do not need 25 cases, just two pounds of GoexFFF and Swiss FFF. Anyone around Valdosta have any to spare? I can get the 25lbs for $498 but that is just way too much for now. I'd never use it all.

HOWEVER, if someone around here wants to pitch in then we can work out a deal.

You might even be a member but check with the Brushy Creek Muzzleloader Club up the road at Lenox. I don't know who the Prez is now but I stay in contact with a couple of the members and they might be needing some powder too.

If its just Goex you want, should be able to get it from PowderInc for around 12 bucks a lb in case lots.

if you do manage to get a group together may I please recommend the Maine Powder House

http://www.mainepowderhouse.com/

Also I now only use the Swiss 2 1/2 f in my paper patched 45-90-540 loads for my 1885 I now use Schuetzen fff in the .45 colt 250gr big lube and when I run out of 16ga black powder I think I will go with Schuetzen Reenactor Powder I think the Schuetzen fff burned a lot cleaner in the .45 colt but the cheap stuff is fine for the SxS scatter gun. for the price difference the Schuetzen is almost as good as the Swiss brand for anything other than very long range (600 yards +)

Note that his prices are shown including the S&H*Haz costs but are based on a 25 lb order also note that he is happy to mix brand and grades in an order as well

if you do call him you will find he is an amazing resource on all aspects of BP lore

cheers

Windy

no connection other than as a happy customer

I happen to belong to a Civil War reenacting group and as treasurer I pay the bills. For 25lbs of FFFg we paid $253.75 and that included shipping. That was from Powder Incorporated in Clarksville, AR. You might check that out if you haven't bought yours yet and maybe a geoup of you can get together to buy it.

Jack, The pards are giving you the correct info. When you look at the Powder Inc site you have to remember that all prices include both shipping and Haz-Mat. A case of Diamondback is just $253 for 25 lbs. The actual cost shown on the invoice is only $8 and something. Total works out to $10.16 a pound. With the other powders they sell you may buy 5,10, 15 and 20 pounds or the 25 lb case. For some reason they require you buy the Diamondback by the case. If I had to guess the reason I would say that they have a over stock on hand and this is the way to reduce it.

Anyone ever used diamondback powder? How does it shoot or compare to Swiss of Goex?

I've shot DB FF in my shotgun for the last year and for the price I like it. I rate these powders as: Swiss is special, Goex is great, DB is good.

powderinc.com is the best place for powder. Decent prices and they're not too far from ya. 25# won't cost ya anywhere near $498.00 a case.

Archived