SASS Wire Forum

DAG NABBIT!

Caliope Cupcake #13981

...and the li'l varmits are gonna pay! :P Every now and then I see a little shadow skamperin past my peripheral vision! :rolleyes: Since they bull-dozed and filled the big ditch next to the freeway onramp two blocks from my house, the critters have found their way into my pantry. Oh yaaaa,,, I got the traps set up with peanut butter and the almonds and chocklit they been gnawin' on too.

Heard one in thar workin' on the sticky trap and thot fer shur I got 'em....but NOOoooOOOOO!! Had my pot o' boilin' all ready fer varmit stew,,, dag nabbit! they're gettin' smarter errr I'ma gettin' ---no dunt say it

Time to get out the 12 gauge CCs.. lol... Works really well in the kitchen.. lol

so far they've gotten a few nibbles of the peanut butter without gettin caught. beats me!?

Last night, I saw one critter high tailin it behind the computer desk. I went lookin fer it, opened some kitchen cupboards a second time, and it went flying out and ran over my foot hahahaa too fast for me to hit... but it couldn't get any traction and all I heard was scratchin on the laminated floor.

I got some better traps tonight so the pesky critters are doomed for a [[[sNAP]]] AND A @SWIRLY@ :blink:

It's a annual thing for me. Found our 1st one last night.

These are the traps that I use. Kness mouse trap

CPK

never such such a thing,,,thems be grand to be shur! --the Rodent Plaza Hotel :blink:

No problem with mice at our house, our cat Baby Sissy LaLa Fraidy Cat handles them. But Sissy absolutely refuses to address our squirrel problem. We finally called in the Marines.

SQUUS (Squirrel of Unusual Size) :blink:

the natural enemy is usually the best deterrent---cat & mouse...GI Joe & squirrel :blink:

We usually get a few mice in the basement this time of year. A couple of traps from the Dollar Store & some peanut butter usually takes care of them. Plus our German Shorthair lives downstairs & she is a fair mouser. She also takes care of the occasional possum that comes thru the dog door. Haven't seen any sign of mice yet this fall, prob. not cold enough to drive them indoors. However the traps & the dog are ready for them!!

Sticky traps got used at our last house with good results. I felt bad for the little feller, he was so scared and desperate. My wife thought I was weird cause I brained it with a beer bottle before tossing it in the garbage.

The sticky traps work better but I prefer the more humane classic mouse traps.

Cheers,

BJT

"Plus our German Shorthair lives downstairs & she is a fair mouser"

We've had minor mice problems in the past but this year we had an infestation in the garden. Nibbled many of our tomatoes. Our two shorthairs tried like heck but didn't catch any that we know of.

Be careful. Many of the mice that we see in fall may be deer mice and not house mice. Deer mice are known to carry Hanta virus. This may be fatal in humans very quickly. Deer mice can be recognized by a white bottom to the

tail--house mice have a uniform colored tail. Deer mice also have a white belly and house mice may have a lighter belly but not white. If you get deer mice, wear a mask/respirator and sweep up all dropping, and wash with a bleach

solution. As an aside, we were discussing how to catch mice (over beers before class, of course) when I was in grad school==it was a class in advanced design of field studies. We counted 27 diseases possible from a rodent bite or

their fleas/lice.

Indeed--- remember The BLACK DEATH --- from fleas carried by rats; and mice can have mites. I did use a bleach wipe in the drawers.

I start sneezin when one is in the house. I can smell their musky odor sometimes if they've been in a cupboard or drawer.

Indeed--- remember The BLACK DEATH --- from fleas carried by rats; and mice can have mites. I did use a bleach wipe in the drawers.

I start sneezin when one is in the house. I can smell their musky odor sometimes if they've been in a cupboard or drawer.

Back in the day of the Black Death it was called (hanta-virus) piano tuners were cautioned to wear gloves or wash their hands thoroughly after working on a piano. If you have a piano and mice better have a piano tech check out the bottom of the piano AND under the keys! Telltale signs are mice dropiings on the INSIDE of the piano. I found about a pound of dog food under the keys of a customers piano, the little bast$%#@ were stealing the dog food and storing it under the keys on the keybed. I had to take all the keys out and we vaccumed the dog food out. They also gather felt from the action of the piano and make a nest for their babies in the bottom corners of the piano. Found some little tiny skeletons one time. They're clever little buggers and they love pianos!! :lol:

Dey must have a stagein' place tween yur house and der beddin' area.

Find dat spot and put out some ate-a-ble poison out and den place yur traps.

Ya may not like da poison ideaer, but it works! I know dis cuz I had da same problem !! :unsure:

If you have a piano and mice better have a piano tech check out the bottom of the piano AND under the keys! Telltale signs are mice dropiings on the INSIDE of the piano.

holy moly---I better check the old upright in the garage! thanx for the tip. these mice prolly came from the freeway construction last month just a block from here, so it hasn't been long. however, I did turn my sofas upside-down for inspection.

the good news is that I haven't seen her for 2 days, and the traps are untouched. I heard cats howling in the neighborhood the last 2 nights--mebe she was dinner! :unsure:

Got a rat or dinosour in my attic. Makes BIG noise when running around up there. I got the BIGGEST rat traps I could find so it would get cut in half when it snapped.

Put PB in the tab, set em up real careful like. Sounded like the rat? got popped, went up to check and the little rat bastard ate all the peanut butter and SHAT upon the traps. :o:unsure:

OK budyy, the game is on. Now I have baloney tooth picked onto the trap. I have both traps end to end, up against a rafter, with a 2x4 on the other side of the traps. One way in from each side and the only way out is in a trash bag.

If that don't work, the 12 gauge will be set up to turn that rat bastard into "Red Mist"

Archived