SASS Wire Forum

Do you want Life Member badge #90000?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sawyer#34250

Matthew Duncan--You didn't let anybody down!! We all live in the real world where budgets are tight and expenses just seem to keep climbing every day. Anybody that hasn't felt the pinch must really be lucky. I know what you mean when you talk about Christmas Presents--got 9 grand-kids from 2 years to 20 years and that piles up in a hurry. You don't apologize, just keep trying and we all know that when you can donate--You Will. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

I had a great thought, if everybody that can outshoot me would just send in $1.00 we could pay for that Chapel in a week or less. When I win the Life Member #90,000 I might give it to somebody that I can beat. Talk about looking for a needle in a haystack.

Everybody have a great holiday season, and I feel confident that it won't be long until the Chapel Fund is at where we need it to be.

While I was on Facebook (yes, there IS life outside of the SASS Saloon, as hard to believe as that is!!), I mentioned to someone that he should consider donating something for the raffle. Someone else suggested that, since it is a chapel, those of us who tithe for our church might want to consider adding $5 a week in pledges to the Chapel. She said she is committing that amount per week until the Chapel gets built.

I will match her.

Just a thought for you all to consider as well.

Hey Mo - isn't the convention like this week? Take a soap box and get up on there and recite my spiel. If that don't work, grab each guy who walks by with a name tag and tell him, hey <insert name here> your wife said you'd buy two tickets.

Yes, I SHOULD have been on the plane heading to Vegas, but I got myself elected as Town Justice and I have to go to school to learn all about how to handle the court and all.....and part of the training is this week.

So, Long Jim Hancock and Palaver Pete are handling all the buttonholing and ticket selling and arm twisting and cajoling and....well, I am confident that they will sell a bunch of tickets!

Then, after the first of the year, they start selling for raffles to be drawn at EOT 2011.

Unfortunately, after 12/31/10 I can no longer be active in selling raffle tickets, or requesting funds for the Chapel due to ethical constrictions once I start being a judge, so folks, ya gotta get your Life Membership tickets!!!!

For those who have suffered thru all my begging and pleading and cajoling for the raffles, MY time is almost over, but we are going to keep working until we are fully funded!

Thanks for all who have donated or bought tickets, or been a cheerleader!

Long Jim called and said that he had $1,000 in sales today, so if my ciphering is correct, we are around $19,000 raised total. That puts us one quarter of the way to our goal!!!

If we sell all of the remaining Life Membership tickets, we can add $7,000+ just from that raffle!

And, Jim has had some nice donations made from vendors at the Convention, for the raffle we will do at EOT 2011, so once we have these raffles at the Convention done and squared away, that information will be posted.

How about an exact total as of this minute, from Long Jim, who is at the Convention and doing a bang up job selling and twisitng the arm of the vendors for more stuff for the next raffle at EOT?

The number is.................

$2,634.77 in donations from the Cowboy Church this morning and ticket sales.

With what we have collected so far, that puts us over $20,000!! Fantastic!

Well, I know who won a pair of Lindholm Brothers spurs. :lol::P

Yeah, and I remember who ever that may be saying if he (or she) won, to toss them back in the pot, so, how about just tossing them MY way instead???

Congrats!!

Long Jim has all the winners, but he isn't hooked up on the 'net, 'sfar as I know, so we'll have to wait until he gets back ta home 'for we get the list.

Okie ol buddy ol Pal....

Did I ever tell ya that a pair of Lindholm Bros spurs is on the list I sent to Santa?

LOL

Wear them in good health my friend.

Congrats!

Oh, and no matter what Hawk tells ya, don't wear them to bed.

Yeah, and I remember who ever that may be saying if he (or she) won, to toss them back in the pot, so, how about just tossing them MY way instead???

I would have done that had I been there. They held the drawing after many folks were long gone from the Convention. We were touching down in Seattle. Now that Dynamite wants to shoot B-Western on occasion, I'll step up and give him some competition. I'll actually have a need for the spurs now. Now I have to donate some more money to the Chapel to put my money where my mouth is. :lol:

Archived