SASS Wire Forum

Do you want Life Member badge #90000?

I had never heard about this until a pard died and someone said something about it. I when to the site and got some tickets yesterday.

Sorry ffor your loss Pit Bull Tex. It seems we are all loosing too many friends. Hopefully, we will get this Memorial Chapel built and have a place for all of us to remember those we have loved and lost by memorial plaques or bricks at the Chapel.

Thanks for your support.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Step right up here ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, sports fans of America!

What I offer you today is NOT a slicer, a dicer, nor a julien fryer,

it will not cure the common cold, hang nail, rusty nails, nor warts of any kind

What you are offered today is, for the mere cost of $20, is immortality

No, you will not live forever, not because of this anyway

but you will be contributing to fund the Cowboy Memorial Chapel

a place to memorialize our fallen friends, pards, and countrymen.

No, Wait, I'm not finished yet,

IN ADDITION, for your generous donation

you get a chance to win a LIFE MEMBERSHIP

yes, that's right, a life membership

and is it just any old life membership?

Whoa No! It include gold badge and membership number 90,000!

Step right up folks, no pushing please, but when they're gone, they're gone

get yours today!

Boys, Tuesday was a great day. Not only did we fire the wicked witch of the west, I got my tickets for the Life Membership and the All The Goods ticket.

Thanks, Mo. Can't wait to sport that new gold 90,000 badge. I'll post up some pics for y'all.

Rufus

Hey Maurice Mo Lassess

I got my tickets for the raffels. I was woundering if I was suppossed to get a ticket for all the goods. I only got the tickets for the life membership and the Spurs, but I ordered all three. Just checking.

SID

Hey Maurice Mo Lassess

I got my tickets for the raffels. I was woundering if I was suppossed to get a ticket for all the goods. I only got the tickets for the life membership and the Spurs, but I ordered all three. Just checking.

SID

It's in the mail!

Rufus, I wish ya the best of luck. As well as the other 499 hopefuls, when we get to that point!!!

I didn't purchase the tickets because of the chance to acquire something, but rather the cause and what it will mean years from now when we "remember", what its all about. MT

I didn't purchase the tickets because of the chance to acquire something, but rather the cause and what it will mean years from now when we "remember", what its all about. MT

Well said, and thanks MT.

Yup, we all win.

Had a chance to meet Cree Vicar Dave at CaC, very nice gentleman.

Yep..my bride...ANTETY was at COMIN' ATCHA this past week...and she tracked CREE down and gave him my regards. :D

You shoulda yanked her ponytail Griz...I'm SHORE she would have liked to have said HI! :FlagAm:

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT CHEERLEADERS! Thanks for all the ticket buying.. :FlagAm:

We KNEW we could count on our pards in the SALOON (ACS)!!!! :blink:B)

The FUND is up to 13,000.00 DOLLARS AS OF RIGHT NOW!!!! :FlagAm:

"You shoulda yanked her ponytail Griz...I'm SHORE she would have liked to have said HI! "

I did my best to meet every pretty gal around and take her picture, but I'm afraid I might have missed some, there were just so dang many of them running around!

I can't even remember most of the folks I did meet, kinda cowboy and cowgirl overload, it was great!

Back up to the top for the Chapel, git yer tickets now! We're burnin daylight!

Grizz

Marshal Troop, I, too want to support the Memorial Chapel.

Rufus

(If anyone read this before I deleted my little rant, please disregard. I was having a really bad day.)

way better odds than the lottery, and it's for a good cause.

I had a 1/100 chance at a nice rifle, didn't win, a guy who won another gun that weekend did.

Had a 1/24 chance at a posse gun, didn't win.

Had 2 chances our of 54 at a pair of Rugers, didn't win.

I figure I'm due :rolleyes:

C'mon folks, even I put a crowbar in my wallet and bought a chance and donated to the cause, you can too!

Don't get discouraged, it takes a while for the word to get out sometimes. We sell raffle tickets for a rifle almost every year to help raise money for the Junior Airgun program at our club. It's a royal PITA, but it's for a good cause so I keep doing it. It will take a little longer than you might want, or would have expected, but it will get done. I agree, with the cost being less than a single annual renewal, and a 1 in 500 chance to win, it seems like a no brainer, but that's what I say about the rifle raffle. We sold 400 tickets, $5 ea or 5 for $20, for a 1873 Winchester, Cody-Matic, in 357. Took 5 months and we still had 20 tickets left when we finally pulled the winner! I would have thought we would have sold them all at the MD State Match.

With most clubs shooting monthly, and not everyone spending time in the Saloon (ACS), it will just take a little time for the word to spread. What would be really helpful is if SASS would send out an email to eveyone on their list with the info for all of the fund raisers. That might help, but times are tough so it may be slow going, but just hang in there. It Will Happen.

Dogmeat Dad

Guest sawyer#34250

I just ordered five of the tickets for the 90000 badge. One reason was to honor all those SASS friends who have gone on over to the other side. The other reason is that when I win, I will auction it off in the Saloon and give the proceeds to the Chapel fund. I also need all the help I can get from the man who will own the chapel, maybe a little donation will help :D

I just ordered five of the tickets for the 90000 badge. One reason was to honor all those SASS friends who have gone on over to the other side. The other reason is that when I win, I will auction it off in the Saloon and give the proceeds to the Chapel fund. I also need all the help I can get from the man who will own the chapel, maybe a little donation will help :D

For those that don't know Sawyer, he is and always has been a giver. This years Alabama "Ambush", he donated his refund from the match when he couldn't shoot, to the Boy Scouts. In all the years I've known this man, he truly is one of a kind. Proud to know him. MT

Guest sawyer#34250

Thanks for those nice words, Marshal. WHEN I WIN, I will let you have the first bid at $20.00. I wish everybody would buy one ticket, $20.00 won't really hurt that bad or that long whereas the Chapel will soothe pain and stand for a long long time. Those folks going to EOT will have a place ot prayer and comfort, no matter how or who they worship. I am sure there will be some praying for a clean match and a first place finish, and a prayer may be just what they need to pull it off. Me--I will pray for one clean target and just to be standing at the end of the match. Pitch in folks, think of it as a Christmas present.

Step right up here ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, sports fans of America!

What I offer you today is NOT a slicer, a dicer, nor a julien fryer,

it will not cure the common cold, hang nail, rusty nails, nor warts of any kind

What you are offered today is, for the mere cost of $20, is immortality

No, you will not live forever, not because of this anyway

but you will be contributing to fund the Cowboy Memorial Chapel

a place to memorialize our fallen friends, pards, and countrymen.

No, Wait, I'm not finished yet,

IN ADDITION, for your generous donation

you get a chance to win a LIFE MEMBERSHIP

yes, that's right, a life membership

and is it just any old life membership?

Whoa No! It include gold badge and membership number 90,000!

Step right up folks, no pushing please, but when they're gone, they're gone

get yours today!

LJH sold me a couple tickets at the Orygun State match. I am waiting for the drawing so I can tell the rest of you what you missed.

About 100, which is disappointing. Considering the odds, and the cost, we should have them all sold by now!!!

Fall property taxes. ;)

Winter heat bills (LP tank filled). :lol:;)

Christmas presents soon and a new Daughter-in-law :unsure:

Income is less than 2009.

Budget just will not strench any tighter right now.

Sorry to let y'all down.

Congrats on the new daughter in law. I guess I let my enthusiasm for the project get the best of me some time- understand the economy has hit us all, some harder than others, and that we all need to be a bit more careful with our budgets.

Thanks Dogmeat.

By the way folks, the ON-LINE sale of the tickets for the Lindholm Brother's Spurs and for All The Goods is ending soon! Because of the timing, we have to stop the on-line ticket sales so that they will be all ready for the drawing in Las Vegas. After Dec. 2, you will only be able to buy tickets for the Spurs and All the Goods at the Convention, so if you want to order using a credit card from the SASS Mercantile, better hurry up and do that NOW!!!

Of course, the Life Membership raffle is continuing and will be avaialable on-line until all 500 tickets are sold.

Thanks and good luck to all who are holding tickets for the drawing!

Hopefully you'll be able to move a bunch of them at the convention, the odds and payout are way better than folks will get at the slot machines. And, it goes to a good cause.

Here's an idea, if each SASS affiliated club bought just ONE ticket to give to their volunteer of the year, we'd be a whole lot closer to having all the tickets sold.

Archived