SASS Wire Forum

Howdy

Not for Cowboy...Interested to know if anyone knows of a Miroku SXS 'Guru' that could help me with a 12g that I've just bought, beautiful gun which I've sourced most of the info except the year of manufacture as the Kochi factory in Japan was destroyed in 1971 & all records were lost, pretty sure it's before that.

Does a Miroku model 200 SXS ring a bell, very similar to the Browning BSS...thanks

Posted (edited)

Some pics...Was IM & Full choke [ now uses Browning thin walls ], mechanical trigger, 28'' barrels,ejectors, more of a sporting stock. Splinter fore end.

Made & proofed in Japan [ assembled in Korea ]..serial number starts with M' then 6 numbers, starting with 4

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

001.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

009.JPG

Edited by Painted Mohawk SASS 77785
  • Like 2

On 5/1/2024 at 6:25 AM, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Howdy

Not for Cowboy...Interested to know if anyone knows of a Miroku SXS 'Guru' that could help me with a 12g that I've just bought, beautiful gun which I've sourced most of the info except the year of manufacture as the Kochi factory in Japan was destroyed in 1971 & all records were lost, pretty sure it's before that.

Does a Miroku model 200 SXS ring a bell, very similar to the Browning BSS...thanks

Supposedly Miroku used the same date code as the the guns they built for Browning:  https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/75122-miroku-serial-numbers/

10 hours ago, Chantry said:

Supposedly Miroku used the same date code as the the guns they built for Browning:  https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/75122-miroku-serial-numbers/

Yes that is so but only if there were 2 letters after the numbers, this one is an earlier model ...thanks

9 hours ago, bgavin said:

Mine is a Charles Daly 500, s/n 420388
Can't find any dating info for this.

I was told mine is a model 200 but can't find any info at all, they did make the 500's with extractors or ejectors with the double trigger, did they make a single trigger ejector I'm not sure, I have the silver trigger which was later changed to gold..it's a fact finding mission that's for sure !!!