SASS Wire Forum

I wonder where the cutoff is?

Alpo

Amazon.

Couple years ago I bought this three pack of items. Cost $18, $19. But there were only two of them in the package. I got in touch. They asked me if I would prefer they reship or if I wanted a refund. I told him I wanted them to send me the missing one and they said they couldn't do that. Well I didn't need five of them so I said give me a refund. They told me I did not have to return the two they sent me.

Maybe a year later this $7 thing got lost in shipping. They refunded my money. I asked them, if it ever did show up, how we handle that. They said keep it or throw it away they didn't care.

Four or five months back I bought the entire series of Perry Mason - 9 years. Cost just over $100. They lost it. They asked me if I would rather have a refund or have a reship. I noticed that the price had gone down. Amazon's prices go up and down all the time. And while it was $102 when I bought it, it was only $91 now. So I told him cancel and give me a refund. And I immediately ordered it at the $91 price. But they told me if that $100 item ever did show up, I needed to return it. If I did not return it they would hit my credit card for that $102.

Last month I bought an item for 40 bucks. It got lost in shipping. It was supposed to be here on the 16th and it wasn't and then it was supposed to be here on the 21st and it wasn't, so I got in touch with him this morning and I told him I wanted to cancel it. Also I noticed they were selling the same thing on their site for $10 less. So I canceled the $40 thing and bought it for 30. And they told me, after they agreed to cancel it, that if it did show up I did not have to return it. I could keep it or throw it away or whatever I wanted.

So - the $18 thing, they didn't want back. The $7 thing, they didn't want back. And now this $40 thing, they don't want back.

But that $100 DVD set - they wanted that back.

So I just wonder where their cut off is. Apparently it's higher than 40, but it seems to be lower than 100. Or maybe a hundred is the cutoff because that set was 102.

Y'all ever wonder about weird crap like that?

• Haha 2

I think you are being singled out to test your patience. I also suggest you move and change your name. ;)

• Haha 1

I have never had them say “if it shows up”.

I had some items they said “don’t return it”. It was always an edible item. I can see why they didn’t want it back, they can’t take the risk of reselling it. I noticed recently that some spice items were just listed as not returnable.